Date fields display ##### (1 Viewer)

princila

Local time
Yesterday, 23:19
I have just converted an access 2003 database to 2010 by simply importing the tables,queries,forms.

When I run the form, only certain date fields display ###### for certain data. For example, "12/23/2009" displays fine in the textbox of one form. But the same record displays as "#######" in another. Both forms are using the same query. I cross checked the properties of both the textboxes in both forms, but nothing seems to be any different.

Please help!

Catalina

Registered User.
Local time
Is the text box wide enough to display the date?

Catalina

princila

Local time
Thanks for your quick response Catalina!

But, after conversion, all the textboxes for dates displayed ######. After which, I increased the length for all of them. But, this error appears for certain data records only.

Catalina

Registered User.
Local time
You said that you increased the length, do you mean the box width on the form?
What I mean is: 12/24/2012 needs a wider box then: 1/1/2012.

Catalina

princila

Local time
Yes. I changed the width of all the date fields on the form.

For example, First Date and Intro Date width was increased to display the data properly. But for some dates like "12/23/2009" was displayed as ###### in the First Date. whereas, the same date displayed correctly in the Intro date text box.

Finally I checked the properties of both textboxes again. And I have now set the "Input Mask" property to 99/99/00;0;" "

It works fine again. I dont know what conversion had to do with all this, because it worked perfect in 2003. Im guessing, the properties were not set correctly during the migration?!?! This is the problem on every form, and I have 20 more to go.

Thanks anyway for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom