date forwarding (1 Viewer)

cymrudesign

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:38
Hi
i have a form with a subform ( displayed as datatable) the subform has 2 fields date and hrs . currently there are dates for the whole month displayed .

what i would like to do is be able to forward all of the months in the dates to the next month I.E 22/7/06 would become 22/8/06 and repeat this for all dates held in this table.. could it be linked to the system month ?

any ideas ?

cymrudesign

Registered User.
Local time
i have had a look at datepart.....i cant see how i would use it to do this . ive attached a screendump.....where the dates are listed i just need to be able to forward all the dates for that client to the next month
month.gif

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:38
Do you want to add 1 month or 30/31 days? Thinking - what happens on the 30th January

Dave

cymrudesign

Registered User.
Local time
it would be 30/31 days as required so i suppose they would have to delete the 31st entry on months with only 30 days .

cymrudesign

Registered User.
Local time
or would it be possible to bind all the dates held in the database to the month of the system clock ( as they will be overwriting the existing 30/31 records for each client ) .

as acompromise to having to enter all the dates for all the clients every month and amend hrs for the days. at least they will only have to add the hours for the client

i realise that this is breaking all the fundamental rules for databases... but i really need to just print off the clients visits at the end of each month and not keep the data and I promise never to volunteer for anything to do with access ever again ever honest

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom