date or value based on checkbox? (1 Viewer)

Darla123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:30
Hello, I have a report that pulls a date from a query, but they'd like an option where if they don't want to enter the date, they can check one of 2 checkboxes. Check box 1 would return "N/A" and checkbox 2 would return "TBD"
I'm not sure how to accomplish this? I've never had to do anything with more than 1 checkbox. Is it possible?

KenHigg

Local time
Seems you need a couple radio buttons...

Darla123

Registered User.
Local time
Is that the way to do it? I've never used a radio button, how would I get that to work?

KenHigg

Local time
Probably best if you google radio buttons to ge a better understanding of how to use them. I'd probably drag it out...

Darla123

Registered User.
Local time
I see how I can add a value based on whether or not they're selected, but I don't see how to bring the value of the text box over if they aren't selected?

KenHigg

Local time
I'm thinking you will probably have to have a yes no fld in the table that can have a null value. Then hook the radio buttons to it. Or instead of a yes no fld maybe make it an number fld. So the user has the date fld they can fill in or not. If they leave it blank they can select either of the radio buttons representing NA or TBD. Then you will have to account for these in any queries, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom