Date Pickers, Calendar Controls, and Calendar resources (1 Viewer)

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 05:17
There has been some recent interest in a replacement for the MS calendar control that existed prior to 2010. I have been collecting date pickers, calendar controls, and calendars for a long time and thought it would be a good idea to have one thread with lots of good examples. Some of these are mine, but many are not. I will add links and other examples as I get them and feel free to post examples and links. In my mind there are three different things but often just get called "calendar control", so that can be confusing. For the purpose of this thread I would like to use the terminology

1. Date Picker: This is a pop up that returns a date to a control and defaults to the value in the control
2. Calendar Control: Same function as a date picker but resides on the form
3. Calendar: Allows you to put information in a day and display it. This require more than just a form because you have to have the underlying table to save information.

Example of a Date Picker from @isladogs

DatePicker Isladogs.jpg

Example of a Calendar Control. In this case the same form can be used as a pop up date picker or reside in the form as a Calendar Control

DatePicerAndCC.jpg

Calendar

Simple one month Calendar
Simple Calendar.jpg

Here is the most complicated calendar I have built. It is a one year view that allow you to display different codes in different colors and even multiple colors in a single day. See 1 Feb.

YearView.jpg

Attachments

• AllenBrownDatePicker.accdb
    456 KB · Views: 877
  • LebansAPIdatePicker.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 820
  • LundeSmallLargeDatePicker.accdb
    1 MB · Views: 747
  • MajP_MultiMonthDatePicker.accdb
    648 KB · Views: 784
  • MajPDatePicker_CC.accdb
    548 KB · Views: 782
  • Isladogs_DatePicker_v1.4.zip
    69.8 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:

MajP

Local time
Calendars

From @Gasman

The Peter Hibbs calendar below is a full "outlook like" calendar application.

Attachments

• AttendanceCalendar.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 748
  • MajP_LinearYearAttendanceCalendar.accdb
    1.2 MB · Views: 667
  • SimpleCalendar.accdb
    840 KB · Views: 749
  • YearView_Attendance_with_Oxicotin V10.accdb
    1.5 MB · Views: 656
  • Peter Hibbs Outlook Style Cal.zip
    753.6 KB · Views: 797
  • PeterHibbs_With_MajP_YearView v4.accdb
    3.6 MB · Views: 718
Last edited:

MajP

Local time
Some of them I provided are listed in this thread, but I have not looked at all of them.

Here is a good calendar

MajP

Local time
Another Date picker that is customizable and can be used in Excel and Access

Attachments

• Calendar_Class_v2.0.0.zip
    176.4 KB · Views: 742

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
FWIW, I thought I'd add one that I have. Includes a Calendar, a DatePicker, and a TimePicker.

The Calendar is a simple Event Calendar - Date, Event Description, and Time.
Uses a dictionary object so requires a reference to MS Scripting Runtime.
cal.jpg

calDetail.jpg

The date picker is a custom class

dp.jpg

The TimePicker is a custom class.
The simulated spinner control can be customized as to the minute increments.
The default is 5 mins.

tp.jpg

Attachments

• Calendar_DatePicker_TimePicker1.zip
    152.8 KB · Views: 773
Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:17
This statement is NOT intended to downplay the efforts of ANYONE who has built their own calendaring system. A thousand requirements could exist that force you to use one of these excellent solutions to keep things as "pure Access." And I fully understand that such requirements could exist. Business is funny like that.

We cannot forget, however, that if you have Access, you probably have other parts of Office. IF you have Outlook, the "calendar" wheel (including shareable calendars and future-dated task reminders) has already been invented. Regarding MajP's categories, this statement does not apply to Date Pickers or Calendar Controls, only to full-functional scheduling calendars that are more than just a simple (or complex) control.

When considering cost to implement at a site and complexity to maintain, the Outlook calendar isn't that hard to use, is readily shareable, and is easy to control via VBA code as an app object to update it with tasks requiring reminders, tasks requiring ToDo list entries, etc. Further, if you work for a government agency, they might actually bar use of code that doesn't come from a company that will stick around to maintain it. Some government regulations say that you can't buy someone else's code if there is no customer service department associated with the vendor.

All I am saying here is that if tech difficulty or code support requirements are a factor in your solution, don't ignore off-the-shelf items like Outlook. If you need an all-Access solution and don't face software support issues, the offerings from the various people here are definitely things to consider. They are all highly competent people.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom