Date Range ISSUES for Charts (1 Viewer)

Heatshiver

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:51
I have been working on a chart the last few days trying everything I can to get it to work, but it just doesn't seem to do what I want it to.

I have a query that calculates 4 fields according to what day (5th field) is chosen. At the very least I want a graph that shows the 4 fields as columns, and sums each column according to a date range. Additionally, I am hoping the Y-axis can either be dates or relate to the field values.

I have two fields on a prior form as [Start Date] and [End Date], meant for the data range variables of the chart.

Presently, I can get the graph to show only one date. This date is from the report and is the Master field to the Child field of the chart's date. I can only achieve this after going through the wizard, choosing my query, trying to place my information in the axises. After its creation I have to go in and change the 4 fields to be all Grouped By, I then change the Days field to Count. I then have to edit all the east, west, etc. in the datasheet to be my field names in order for them to show. I then get rid of the Day Count from the X-axis name since I want the actual date, not the count.

I am assuming that most of this is just because the query is setup wrong. I have tried changing the query so that Days must be Between [Start Date] And [End Date], I have tried to do the same with the Days on the report. I have tried all combinations in between, and have messed with crosstab queries without success.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. I've been reading a lot on charts and queries, but nothing seems to really be standing out in terms of a date range chart.

Thanks!

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 22:51
Could you post some sample data, (in Excel or MS-Access database)?
Also show which result you want, (print screen) and the query you use.

Heatshiver

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:51
Sorry for the late reply! Here is a small version of the database. Essentially, use "0002" and "NMG2" for the User ID and Password. Then when you click through and get to the Dates form, you can use 4/12/2013 and 9/17/2013 (preferred) for the dates. ALSO, DO NOT COMPACT AND REPAIR, it actually corrupts the DB...

The report with the charts show that I can get them to use one date properly. I have the values on the top chart just so I can see if they are using multiple dates or just a single. All I need is for the charts to be able to take a date range from the Dates form. They will look the same, just with higher values if using different dates.

Previewing the charts seems like they could be correct, but after completion Access instead replaces the info with some default info.

Thank you for the help!

Attachments

• Testing.zip
    1 MB · Views: 76

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom