DCount Criteria Problem (1 Viewer)

DSimpson

Local time
Today, 22:59
I'm trying to use the DCount function to count the # of records on another form when the "Location" field matches the value of a field on the current form. The expression I'm using is: =DCount("[Location]","Parts","[Location] = '20' ")
this works when Loaction=20 but, I would like to replace 20 with the value of a text box on my current form. Any ideas?

MarionD

Registered User.
Local time
Hi there,
DCount("[Location]","Parts","[Location] = " & me.textboxname)if the field is numeric or

DCount("[Location]","Parts","[Location] = " & "'" & me.textboxname & "'") if it's a string

[This message has been edited by MarionD (edited 04-26-2001).]

DSimpson

Local time
It's a string and when I tried the appropriate expression I got the following error:

object doesn't contain the automation object "me."

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
Try...

DCount("[Location]","Parts","[Location] = " & "'" & [Forms]![CurrentFormName]![textboxname] & "'")

HTH

DSimpson

Local time
I tried this and got no errors, but it didn't pull any records (i.e. the output text box in the current form always shows 0 records no matter what value is given to the text box I'm referencing in the dcount criteria statement).

R

Rich

Your original post says that you are trying to count the number of records on another form and not the underlying table is that correct?

DSimpson

Local time
That is right. I have since made a change to make the location field numeric and now it is working. But, now I would like to add a second criteria that only counts the records from that location if the RETURNED field on that form is NOT checked. I am using the following expression and it is not working.

=DCount("[Location]","Parts","[Location]= " & [Location] AND [Returned]=No")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom