/DECOMPILE (1 Viewer)

HillTJ

To train a dog, first know more than the dog..
Local time
Yesterday, 20:48
Hi, I've just learn't about the /decompile (option?) for startup of Access & have created a shortcut on my desktop accordingly. I had an occasion where a project would crash at a particular point, so i opened it via my 'decompile' shortcut then opened a code module & recompiled it. Problem fixed! So, why not open access with /decompile every time I'm working on a project?. Always keen to learn & appreciate some comments.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:48
Well, one reason might be is that compiling could take a lot of time. Also, most Access deployments are done using a permanently compiled files (ACCDE).

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:48
Decompile removes the query plans so slows down the queries the first time they are run.

Putting a broken leg in plaster fixes the break. Would you put you leg in plaster all the time then?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:48
How about when you decompile a accdb or mdb, you're supposed to go back into the code project and re-compile it before using it? I doubt you expect your users to do that, assuming that they could. Plus, I wouldn't decompile any db that I cared about unless I had a recent backup of it first.

HillTJ

To train a dog, first know more than the dog..
Local time
Yesterday, 20:48
Seems, if it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom