delete an email in outlook from access (1 Viewer)

Niroth

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:35
Hello,

I have code that extract attachements from emails in a dedicated folder in outlook from my access fe, after this action, I would like to delete the email, or failing that I would like to move it to a separate folder so that I don't get duplicates. Any pointers?

BTW, sort of a generic question: what is the best way to connect two access databases through the internet? I'm currently sending data by email from one be to another. I have a feeling it's not a good idea. :eek:

Niroth

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:35
Hi

if you're able to loop through emails for attachments then it should just be a little tweaking to delete or move the email. Have a look at what the intellisense offers you.

In regard to cross Internet database, I think there are a few ways all not so easy. I use an asp page option. The page is set up non browsing as it doesn't show anything and transfer data through a URL string. For example-

my asp page would receive the variables

str1
str2
str3
int1

these would be passed onto the database fields via an SQL string

my URL passing would be something like

Code:
http://myserver.com/myfolder/mydb/mypage.asp?str1=value1&str2=value2&str3=value3&int1=value4

the values to be passed can collected from anywhere be it a form field or recordset. Your data is then passed over and stored.

There are good examples around on the Internet of asp pages.

Hth

Nidge

Niroth

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:35
Thanks. Will check out the asp page thingy. Have solved the delete email part right after I posted the question. For future reference to anyone else:

dim item as outlook.items

item.delete

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom