Design Question: API Cookbook / Detail (1 Viewer)

Randomblink

The Irreverent Reverend
Local time
Today, 11:48
Alrighty then...
I have a question for the db designers out there. I am looking for some ideas, guides, opinions, etc on a db I am trying to put together.

Technically, this has nothing to do with Access. In fact I am designing this in a MySQL db, for a web-based application. Here is what I am wanting to do...

I have a site that I plan on covering the API for ActionScript ( Macromedias' Flash Programming Language ) and Postnuke ( Web-Based CMS Package written in PHP ). Meaning, I want to cover individual Functions, custom built classes, examples, cookbook-styled recipes, etc.

Since I want this all to be in ONE database?
Since I want to cover multiple languages ( and programming applications )?
Since I want to cover both simple functions AND custom classes?
I am a wee bit overwhelmed at the design of this.

For those of you that are Postnuke programmers?
This is going to be a searchable module that allows users to either go through a Table Of Contents to read through ideas and concepts? Or search through a search interface for specific coverage as well as a cookbook-type entry where users can look up specific recipes and find the code necessary to make that happen.

I am hoping that someone knows of an API Database Storage Structure already in use somewhere that I could look over... Or someone has done something similar to this and wouldn't mind sharing db layout ideas... or something...

Can you help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom