Desperately Need Help. (1 Viewer)

Gumby

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:22
I can open up Microsoft Access report on one machine but I can't open it up on another machine.....Don't know why. Access 2000 is installed on both machines.

Could there be a problem with components or something else. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cosmos75

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:22
You could try and check the references from the VB Window, maybe DAO isn't checked or another language reference is missing or unchecked.

Is the database data file (Back-end? - data tables) out on the network with the user interface (Front End - forms, queries, reports?) on each computer?

Gumby

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:22
I have checked the Language references and it seems to be fine. Correct refernces has been checked on each machine....but still can't open the same report on different machines. The database is on the network.

Is there like a different versions of Access 2000. Like there is "Enterprise Edition" and then there is a "Professional Edition" CD when u do installation of Access.?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
On the machine where you say you cannot open the report...

Can you at least open it in design mode?

If you can design it but not preview it, check the printer driver on the machine having the trouble. If you don't have a printer defined, you cannot preview the report. This is because the preview function is WYSIWYG. If it cannot determine how to build the report data stream to the printer, it cannot build the report.

I ran into this once on an old system that didn't have a printer defined. Windows had just been "refreshed" and a lot of the registry settings were lost. The printer was one of them. Lo and behold, when I redefined the printer, reports started working.

And of course, using Tools>>References from a Code page shows you NOTHING about printers, so most folks don't think to look there. But that will have the symptoms you report. And it is easy to check. So if that isn't the problem, at least the test wasn't that painful to do.

Cosmos75

Registered User.
Local time
The_Doc_Man,

I will have to keep that in mind!! I hope that solves Gumby's problems!!

Seems most my attempts are helping are pretty pathetic!:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom