"Detail" section of continuous form too big (1 Viewer)

ma t

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:40
Just uploaded both form and design view. Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• formview.png
    formview.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 218
  • designview.png
    designview.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 220

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:40
Go back and look at the picture in post #13. The background of my form is bright so it is easy to see where it ends. Access doesn't size the form based on the tourquoise area, it sizes it based on the Window which is what the outward pointing arrows are pointing to. Your window is much larger than it needs to be and that is what Access is using to size the form. Make the window smaller, save the form and when you open it again it will be smaller. Also, once the form is open, there is a button on the ribbon that lets you size to fit. Press that and save the form.

ma t

Registered User.
Local time
which version of Access are you using? I see no obvious way of selecting the form edge to drag it smaller in design view... ? I am using 2010.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Did you change from Tabbed documents to Overlapping windows (post #15)?
Do you have the form maximized? I can't tell because you cut off the Access window. If it is maximized, change it to sizable mode.

ma t

Registered User.
Local time
Hello- I've been working on this off and on, i changed to overlapping forms, dragged the boarder smaller, etc, save, and still the same result. Ultimately I will want to have tabbed document, does your solution only work in overlapping? Thanks...

ma t

Registered User.
Local time
What I would like to do is create an event like
Private Sub Form_Load()
Me.Form.AutoResize = False
Me.Detail.AutoHeight = False
Me.Detail.Height = 700
End Sub

But nothing works... so frustrating. I have a detail section (single form) that should only be about .5" tall. In the footer I have a small subform that is about 3" tall. When i go into form view, the detail section expands as big as it can on my monitor, showing the subform at the very bottom. I don't want the detail section of the form to fill my monitor, auto expand, etc. I just want it to be set to what is required to accommodate the controls that are in it, which are only about .33" tall. All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you use maximized forms or the tabbed document windows style, there is nothing you can do to hide this gap. You can only control it by using the overlapping windows style. You will need to redesign the form to use the entire window area so it looks intentional rather than sloppy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom