Dialog Box appears - Microsoft Office can't find the macro: Macro1 (1 Viewer)

herronar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:27
My forms are working fine, I was previously trying to use macro, but was unsuccessful and have used VB instead.

However, the following message appears in a dialog box:

Microsoft Office can't find the macro: Macro1
The macro (or its macro group does not exist), or the macro is new and has not been saved.
Note that when you enter the macrogroupname.macroname syntex in an argument, you must specify the name the macro's macro group was last saved under.

Any ideas as to where I would find the above, in VB, or properties or anywhere else.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:57
That will happen because you have Macro1 enterered for an event such as onClick but there is no Macro1.

Macros are not the same as code. They are a separate object like a table, query etc. A module is an object like a macro but instead of holding mcaro actions it holds code.

So you can have

Table1
Query1
Form1
Report1
Macro1
Module1

herronar

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for you reply.

Any idea as to how do I get rid of this?

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
You have to either remove Macro1 being listed on the Event or make a Macro1:D

Your Event calling Macro1, in other words it wants to run Macro1 but there is no Macro1 to run, hence the message box.

herronar

Registered User.
Local time
I have searched through all the events & VB coding but can't find Macro1, so that I can delete. I have also looked through porperty event for each operation but still cannot find Macro1. Any suggestion, on how I would find Macro1 or how I would create Macro1.

I am not familiary with Macors, so would be grateful for advise.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
I just noticed in your first post the message was

Microsoft Office can't find the macro: Macro1

That should be Access.

You find the list of macros where they are made, like tables, forms etc.

To make a macro is very easy. Just search on Google for Access Macro or similar. Then make a macro and call it Macro1. To test, it can be real simple, use a macro action like Beep and then see if you get your message.

But I can't help you anymore and perhaps someone else can post.

herronar

Registered User.
Local time
There are no macros listed under Object Macros.

I hava also checked each evern under VD and there is no macros there. Any suggested of where I would find the above.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
There are no macros listed under Object Macros.

I hava also checked each evern under VD and there is no macros there. Any suggested of where I would find the above.

But that is the problem, Macro1 does not exist.

And macros don't exist in code. A macro can be called or run from a block of code but it does not exist in the code.

If you say there is no Macro1 listed on any of the Events then I can't help amymore because they are the only two things I am aware of to cause the problem.

1) Macro1 is being called

2) Macro1 does not exist

They are the only the two things I am aware in combination to cause the message. There be might be something else that causes the problem and if so another member will probably post.

herronar

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your response. After spending a day and a half on this problems, I stumbled upon the rogue Macro1 by accident. It was part of the event properties of the back of the form, which looks no different to any other form in design view or otherwise. The rogue Macro1 has now been cleared and everything is working how it should. Certainly a lesson to learn which will help resolve this type of issue in the future. Thanks again. Have a good day :).

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
One that can be tricky is if you hit the space bar while the cursor is on the event line. It treats that as a macro and will come with the message can't fins macro etc and the name of the macro is like .. on top of a .

Like : but they are side by side on top of a .

Glad you got it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom