Dick Cheney shoots hunting companion (1 Viewer)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 12:00
Joined
Jan 14, 2002
Messages
906
Oh... the Brits are going to have a FIELD day with this!!!

Hell, figure I'd rope off an area for the muck and mud of "Gun" stances.
Have fun... stay sane... come back to me when you're done.
 

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Today, 17:00
Joined
Oct 15, 2002
Messages
1,352
Nah - Prescott uses his fists, nobody in their right mind would let him have a gun.


Anyway the current Vice Pres has just made his first and probably only contribution to a better, freer world - he shot a lawyer. :D
 

commandolomo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:00
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
73
BarryMK said:
Nah - Prescott uses his fists, nobody in their right mind would let him have a gun.

Same should be said of Cheney, yet lo and behold:D And to be fair, just shooting one lawyer is a waste of ammo.....he could have at least waited until there was a group of 'em:p
 

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:00
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
TessB said:
Oh... the Brits are going to have a FIELD day with this!!!
I'm sure Mr Cheney feels very bad about this, accidents will happen, fortunately the man shot is recovering ok - thats the main thing.

It could happen to any of us (be shot by an American that is):rolleyes: ;)

Col
 
R

Rich

Guest
And we can all lift our eyes to the heavens in gratitude for the fact that his boss wasn't on the trip with him :rolleyes:
 

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Today, 17:00
Joined
Oct 15, 2002
Messages
1,352
Rich said:
And we can all lift our eyes to the heavens in gratitude for the fact that his boss wasn't on the trip with him :rolleyes:

Perhaps he was getting in some practice? :D Sorry guys it's just too good to pass up.:D :D

Is this another example of US "friendly fire"? :confused:

Unfortunately now our troops are in the news for duffing up some Iraqi yobs so the Yanks'll have some ammo to fire back. Oh well it was good while it lasted...
 
Last edited:

MsLady

Traumatized by Access
Local time
Today, 09:00
Joined
Jun 14, 2004
Messages
438
what kind of the ridiculous duck-hunting game were they playing shooting the poor ducks. i don't like this brutal game :(
wish he had shot himself in the foot instead.
 

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:00
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
MsLady said:
what kind of the ridiculous duck-hunting game were they playing shooting the poor ducks. i don't like this brutal game :(
wish he had shot himself in the foot instead.
I heard they were shooting Quail.

Is that what happens to ex Vice Presidents? - they become target practice for current Vice Presidents?;)

Col
 

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:00
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
BarryMK said:
Unfortunately now our troops are in the news for duffing up some Iraqi yobs so the Yanks'll have some ammo to fire back. Oh well it was good while it lasted...

Yes, our chaps learnt well from the Yank soldiers out there;)

Col
 

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:00
Joined
Aug 20, 2001
Messages
1,470
The only way this incident could possibly be more entertaining is if Cheney shot Bush. Yes, these are the moments that make life worth living. :D
 
R

Rich

Guest
BarryMK said:
Unfortunately now our troops are in the news for duffing up some Iraqi yobs so the Yanks'll have some ammo to fire back. Oh well it was good while it lasted...

Well not really, you see our boys acted with remarkable restraint when faced with a riotous mob hurling petrol bombs etc. at them.
In fact it's without doubt the only armed force in the world that didn't over-react and turn the riots into a blood bath.
But of course boys will be boys and had to vent their anger and frustration on those who just will not accept that we're there in their interest.
 

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:00
Joined
Aug 20, 2001
Messages
1,470
Rich said:
Yes, funny though some cultures have become refined and civilised after over two centuries, any chance the States will catch up ? :confused: :rolleyes:
Does it matter? You seem to regularly enjoy bringing up the U.S.'s treatment of native Americans during the 1700s and 1800s as if it were yesterday. I was under the impression that anything after the birth of Christ was fair game. :confused: ;)
 
R

Rich

Guest
Kraj said:
Does it matter? You seem to regularly enjoy bringing up the U.S.'s treatment of native Americans during the 1700s and 1800s as if it were yesterday. I was under the impression that anything after the birth of Christ was fair game. :confused: ;)
No, I don't go back past the nineteen sixties and seventies, there's enough amunition there, for the minute :cool:
 
R

Rich

Guest
For a balanced and unbiased animation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20...xIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

 
Last edited:

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Today, 17:00
Joined
Oct 15, 2002
Messages
1,352
Rich said:
Well not really, you see our boys acted with remarkable restraint when faced with a riotous mob hurling petrol bombs etc. at them.
In fact it's without doubt the only armed force in the world that didn't over-react and turn the riots into a blood bath.
But of course boys will be boys and had to vent their anger and frustration on those who just will not accept that we're there in their interest.

An interesting point was made on Radio 4 yesterday when a speaker said we should put this incident into context.

What other nation in the world would expect its troops to face down an overwhelmingly larger mob, armed with rocks and grenades, with nothing more than plastic shields and wooden batons? Any other army (including Uncle Sam's, the Israelis and all muslim states would have blasted them to kingdom come).
 

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:00
Joined
Aug 20, 2001
Messages
1,470
BarryMK said:
What other nation in the world would expect its troops to face down an overwhelmingly larger mob, armed with rocks and grenades, with nothing more than plastic shields and wooden batons?
No offense intended here, but that sounds like lunacy. A mob throwing rocks? OK, shields and defensive equipment only sounds appropriate. A mob throwing grenades? I'd say blowing 'em to kingdom come is probably justified at that point.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom