Diplay long date in defined field in query (1 Viewer)

scuddersm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:33
So I can get the "long date" to display within the query field itself. However, the "long date" is not displayed when using the date field in a user defined field. Is there a way to have the "long date" displayed.

I tried using a calculated field in the table that the query references, but that field still only displayed the default short date.

Defined Field in Query:
Para1: "Upon receipt of these orders, your appointed place of duty is Range 1, at 0700 on " & [RangeDate] & ". You will receive detailed instructions from the range regarding your responsibilities for the week at that time."

Need it to display:
"Upon receipt of these orders, your appointed place of duty is Range 1, at 0700 on Monday, 6 February 2017. You will receive detailed instructions from the range regarding your responsibilities for the week at that time."

Displays:
"Upon receipt of these orders, your appointed place of duty is Range 1, at 0700 on 2/6/2017. You will receive detailed instructions from the range regarding your responsibilities for the week at that time."

Thanks
Scott

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 06:33
Format([RangeDate],"dd-mmmm-yyyy")

scuddersm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:33
Doesn't display "Long date" to include the day of the week. I used this and it worked.
Format([rangedate],"Long Date")

Thanks for the help.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 06:33
Doesn't display "Long date" to include the day of the week. I used this and it worked.
Format([rangedate],"Long Date")

Thanks for the help.

Oops, sorry, I missed the day in the text :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom