Display controls of Data fields in access forms. (1 Viewer)

Premlatha Raghunath

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:17
I want to disable certain fields in the form upon selection of a particular check box option (which is also a data field). Is there any way to do it? Any help is appreciated.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. There are a few ways to do it. What does the checkbox represent?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to AWF. I moved both of your threads out of the introductions forum to more appropriate forums. In the future, try to pick the appropriate forum to add a question to.

Here's one way:

http://www.baldyweb.com/ConditionalVisibility.htm

Premlatha Raghunath

Registered User.
Local time
Check Box represents the different types of projects carried out in the organization. Multiple options can be selected and based on the selections, I want to disable unnecessary fields in the form.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Check Box represents the different types of projects carried out in the organization. Multiple options can be selected and based on the selections, I want to disable unnecessary fields in the form.
Hi. So, to "disable" a control, there is an Enabled property. You set it to True if you want to enable a control and you set it to False if you want to disable it.

Premlatha Raghunath

Registered User.
Local time
Where can I find the property? I want to disable certain fields upon the selection of particular check box option and again the display options should change if I'm selecting another check box option.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Did you look at my link? Disabling would be

Me.TextboxName.Enabled = Whatever

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:17
Where can I find the property?

If you follow this link:- Run-time error 438 you will see the property sheet of a TextBox and the property sheet of a Label. The data tab for each control is showing. You can see that only the text-box has an Enabled Property. The Label does not have an Enabled Property.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom