Distributing Crystasl reports (1 Viewer)

wan2fly99

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:30
I am new at Crystal Reports.
I have donea few reports now. I see they are stored as an .RPT files.

When I click on them they opn up in Crytsal under Preview Mode.

Users can than go to Details and change the report.

I would like to just distribute the report out. Have them see the report or prompt for a refresh of the report.

I know I can save the report as Excell and other formats and then email them or make the file available.

Is there any other way

Thanks for any help

Karen Howard

Karen H
Local time
Today, 00:30
Exporting Options

Try exporting the report to either HTML or PDF. Your users wil then be able to open the report in Internet Explorer or other browser or using Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is free. Your users do not need any special software to view the reports and they will not be able to make changes to the HTML at all or to the PDF, unless they have Adobe Acrobat.

wan2fly99

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:30
Distributing reports

What about if the repor has prompts and actually go retireve data depending on these prompts.

If you save it as a PDF than it is a static report at that particulare time

The user wants to be able to run the report but I don't want them to go into
Crystal itself where they can chagne the report

Thanks for the reply

Kempes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:30
Depending on which version you have, you get either Crystal Enterprise or Crystal Server with it.
Setting this up allows users to refresh parameters, etc, without changing the report in any way.

Alternatively, Try Crystal Offline Viewer. (would need installing on each machine).
This disables the Design view but not great for parameter reports. It also only works with saved data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom