DLL Hell with office 365 ctr vs office 2016 .accdr (1 Viewer)

SuperShin

Local time
Today, 01:46
Client Verison: 16.0.12430.20264 Office 365 CTR 32BIT

My Version: 16.0.4266.1001 Office 2016 32 BIT

When I deploy the .accdr basic string functions fail hinting to me there are DLL versioning problems somewhere. What can I do? I've been developing with access for a decade plus and this sort of thing has happened about 4 times in my career and its very frustrating that a major version conflicts with another major version, my installer deploys the RTE and the .accdr, obviously on a click to run 365 client the RTE doesn't install because its not required but I dont understand why this basic basic conflict. As a sanity check I installed the 2013 RTE so i could run it side by side with the click to run 365 (Microsoft Access 2013 - Build:15.0.4569 Run-time) and still same problems :(

Ive been deploying this product for years and this happens from time to time and is quite annoying

DLLERROR.png

Ranman256

Local time
I've hit this a few times, when we all know LEFT is a legal function, so:

1. you get the error if your project does not have the reference for Microsoft Access X.x Object library

2. its a false error due to an object missing in the REFERENCES list. In VBE (alt-F11), tools, references,
uncheck the marked MISSING item
check the equvilent object that is installed.

3. (lease likely) when the db gets close to its limit (2 Gig), it starts throwing false errors. Like LEFT is not legal.

4. I also got it (yes the exact LEFT err) when I compiled the db on My Pc, for others to run. But if I compiled it on THEIR PC, it ran just fine.

SuperShin

Local time
I think you might be exactly right on the false missing

Thank you

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom