Dlookup for finf stock Position (1 Viewer)

sbaud2003

Local time
Today, 10:02
I have a field Stock_id(auto-number: Foramt P00001, P00002 etc)
When I use Doolkup function to get the stock value using tjhe code
=DLookup("current_stock", "tblStock", "[Stock_Id" = [Forms]![SK Enterprice]![TblInvoiceDetail Subform].[Form]![ITEMID])
it returns nothing

How to resolve.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 12:32
stock id is only Formatted for Display, the actual value is untouched:
if the textbox is being Padded to the left with 0, you can delete the padding:

=DLookup("current_stock", "tblStock", "[Stock_Id]" = CLng("0" & [Forms]![SK Enterprice]![TblInvoiceDetail Subform].[Form]![ITEMID]))

sbaud2003

Local time
stock id is only Formatted for Display, the actual value is untouched:
if the textbox is being Padded to the left with 0, you can delete the padding:

=DLookup("current_stock", "tblStock", "[Stock_Id]" = CLng("0" & [Forms]![SK Enterprice]![TblInvoiceDetail Subform].[Form]![ITEMID]))
thanks!
Can I put this in the After update event in the Quantity filed, I tried it is giving an error message type mismatch

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 21:32
Just curious, does this work?
Code:
=DLookup("current_stock", "tblStock", "[Stock_Id] = " & clng(replace([Forms]![SK Enterprice]![TblInvoiceDetail Subform].[Form]![ITEMID],"P","")))

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:32
Since autonumbers are numeric, they cannot contain a letter. You would have been better off to create a custom unique identifier and left the autonumber alone.

The following might work

=DLookup("current_stock", "tblStock", "[Stock_Id" = "P" & Format([Forms]![SK Enterprice]![TblInvoiceDetail Subform].[Form]![ITEMID], "00000"))

Make sure I guessed the number of zeros correctly.

sbaud2003

Local time
Since autonumbers are numeric, they cannot contain a letter. You would have been better off to create a custom unique identifier and left the autonumber alone.

The following might work

=DLookup("current_stock", "tblStock", "[Stock_Id" = "P" & Format([Forms]![SK Enterprice]![TblInvoiceDetail Subform].[Form]![ITEMID], "00000"))

Make sure I guessed the number of zeros correctly.
Thanks ... but it does not display the stock position
I put the code in the after update event in thetext box ITEMID to get the stock position before entering the Quanity ...

sbaud2003

Local time
Just curious, does this work?
Code:
=DLookup("current_stock", "tblStock", "[Stock_Id] = " & clng(replace([Forms]![SK Enterprice]![TblInvoiceDetail Subform].[Form]![ITEMID],"P","")))
No
I put the code in the after update event in thetext box ITEMID to get the stock position before entering the Quanity ...

sbaud2003

Local time
Thanks ... but it does not display the stock position
its not working object require error 424

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 12:32

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:32
Try:
TXTSTOCK.Value = DLookup("current_stock", "tblStock", "Stock_Id = " & [Forms]![SK Enterprice]![TblInvoiceDetail Subform].[Form]![ITEMID])

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Actualluy I want to verify the stock position before preparing invoice.. can you help me
So what value are you trying to return with DLookup(). Quantities of stock should not be stored as data but calculated as and when needed.

sbaud2003

Local time
So what value are you trying to return with DLookup(). Quantities of stock should not be stored as data but calculated as and when needed.
In the details invoice section while entering records for invoicing it takes any value, thus after updation of the stock table it becomes negative. Howver, if stock value is 0 the item is not listed, so that time no problems. It the Stock held is 1 also it shows in the item list. I want the user to see if the quantity required is actually available or not

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
....Howver, if stock value is 0 ....
The question I was asking though was, "How are you getting this value." If you have it saved in a table, then IMHO your tables need to be restructured, for the reason I gave in my previous post.

sbaud2003

Local time
The question I was asking though was, "How are you getting this value." If you have it saved in a table, then IMHO your tables need to be restructured, for the reason I gave in my previous post.
Yes it is store in the Stock Table as field name 'current_stock'

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:32
I fell into your original syntax errors. Try this one:

=DLookup("current_stock", "tblStock", "Stock_Id = 'P'" & Format([Forms]![SK Enterprice]![TblInvoiceDetail Subform].[Form]![ITEMID], "00000") & "'")

If that doesn't work try these and let us know which works:

=DLookup("current_stock", "tblStock", "[Stock_Id] = 'P00001'")
=DLookup("current_stock", "tblStock", "[Stock_Id] = 1")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom