Solved Do we need a Mark Thread solved button? (1 Viewer)

Do we need a Mark Thread solved button?

• Yes - and hurry!

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • No - stops the discussion

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 20:47
A Resolve button available as a plugin.
I thought you said you *already* had one. yes or no?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:47
When I said there is a Resolve button, I mean't a Resolve button available as a plugin.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
@Jon,
If you are looking at the guy that I mentioned to you, I am sure he could adapt it to show whatever one wanted.?
Would help him sell it even more?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
When I said there is a Resolve button, I mean't a Resolve button available as a plugin.
it seems that you are "plugin-averse". is that true, sir? Personally, I hate plugins of any kind. I currently have 5 different subdomains using wordpress, and I'm considering just changing the PHP and CSS myself when I want something done rather than downloading from Wordpress.org, because I know da*n good and well those people don't know what they're doing in terms of paying attention to detail. :rolleyes: every question I've asked on that forum was over their head.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
What I am adverse to is a plugin that, if removed, causes problems. The Resolved button embeds itself in all sorts of areas. Not sure of the implications of it all.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
well personally Jon, I wouldn't trust any 3rd party software, unless it comes from language creators like the Python creator. those guys are very good when it comes to paying attention, but 3rd parties that just sell *packages* that are written in languages created by others never do pay attention. so that's the risk. if I were you, before using a plugin, back up your stuff or maybe shut the site down for a few hours. that way a reversion is very easy. but i'm sure you already know that....

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Plugins can add a hacking risk to sites. That was a real problem with many of the plugins for vBulletin.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I wouldn't know Jon, I don't hack much. although maybe I should try it?

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
You now have it!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time