Does anyone want to SHARE a apartment / flat Rental story - situation? (1 Viewer)

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Yesterday, 20:52
Thought this was just a US situation? Anyone else have an apartment story?

This was in the Guardian very recently:
A flat-share advert looking for a “laid back, happy-go-lucky type that’s sociable, open minded”, look before signing the lease.

Joe Peduzzi a 22-year-old found that the double room in east London he had expected to lease was in fact a mattress in a shed in the corner of a communal living room.

A room located at Bethnal Green, advertised on SpareRoom.co.uk for £480-a-month plus bills described as “the biggest in the house”, with the only indication of reality was “comes with a sofa which means sharing it with the rest of us sometimes”.

The Mirror as saying. But it is just the latest sign of how desperate the London housing market has become.
See Full Story:
www.theguardian.com/money/2015/sep/...480-a-month-for-a-bed-in-a-shed-in-the-lounge

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Yesterday, 22:52
I could, if you like, share the worst roommate-from-hell story I have EVER seen once I get home and can access it over on SomethingAwful.

Just a word of warning - it's where I learned the phrase "shit lasagna".

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:52
I have had three alcoholic roommates. The first one was somewhat comical. The second one had violent tendencies. The third one was just annoying (when drunk).

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:52
Arriving in London in 1992 I stayed in a few youth hostels until I was able to find a room to rent.

During this time I befriended this guy who showed me around London and helped me get a few jobs to get some extra cash. He then suggested that we both share a rented room as there was a spare single bed.

About 15 minutes after lights out on the first night just as I was drifting off to sleep
I was awoken with some noise from the other side of the room. It turned out that this guy decided to play with himself and thought I was asleep.

After a few moments that felt like an eternity the noise stopped and after a brief pause he then called out to me and asked if I could hear him.

I said yes you sick B*****D

He then apologized and a moment or two later continued his business but with less noise.

He then asked if I could still hear him.

I left the following day and found somewhere else to stay

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
It could have been worse, he could have asked for help.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Arriving in London in 1992 I stayed in a few youth hostels until I was able to find a room to rent.

During this time I befriended this guy who showed me around London and helped me get a few jobs to get some extra cash. He then suggested that we both share a rented room as there was a spare single bed.

About 15 minutes after lights out on the first night just as I was drifting off to sleep
I was awoken with some noise from the other side of the room. It turned out that this guy decided to play with himself and thought I was asleep.

After a few moments that felt like an eternity the noise stopped and after a brief pause he then called out to me and asked if I could hear him.

I said yes you sick B*****D

He then apologized and a moment or two later continued his business but with less noise.

He then asked if I could still hear him.

I left the following day and found somewhere else to stay

This tale stops too soon - where did he deposit his 10cc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom