Today, 16:32
Hey tony...

Screenshot_20220305-191042_Chrome.jpg

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Just let the poofters get on with it. They just need to learn to keep their gobs shut and stop banging on about it. If people want to be queer, or mentally deranged by dressing up thinking you're female, just don't try to mention it every five minutes.
In the UK, we have some adverts on the TV showing two queers kissing - it's vomit making and shouldn't be allowed.

In the USA right now we have a show on the CW network that is an adaptation of the Batman character from the comics. (And actually, was a legit character in some of the "golden-age" Batman comics.) The Batwoman show is abysmal and the lead character is lesbian. They show mentally deranged people, gay people, and thugs, all sorts of aberrant behavior. I watch it now and then in the same sense that someone would be unable to look away from a train wreck... morbid fascination. If the show became any more "woke" it would have to reach the level of explicit lesbian sex. A few weeks ago, one of the "villains of the woke ... 'scuse me... week" was Poison Ivy, whose girlfriend was trying to persuade her to not be evil. I must admit I watch the show in the hopes that someone in the network will come to their senses. However, so far, no joy. In fact, the CW network was up for sale but I didn't want it so passed on buying it. (Also, didn't have the required cash handy, but I would have passed on it even if I WERE that wealthy.)

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 17:32
As a programmer, surely you wouldn't try and redefine the words true and false. That would turn the programming world on its head and nobody would be able to read or write code any more. The idea of redefining words for any personal reason is abhorrent behavior. Those that accept such redefinition of words or phrases no matter what they are have to then turn around and change history by wiping out books that have those offending words or phrases in them. That's just immature and irrational behavior. The word gay is very understandable by everyone. It's not going away whether you like it or not. How shall we use the word normal? What is in fact normal anyway? For me its definitely not whatever your offended by. Otherwise none of us would exist. Think about that. Normalising aberrant behavior is by definition abhorrent. Let's stick to normalizing databases shall we.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 17:32
That was just a play on words there. I couldn't help it.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:32
The word gay is very understandable by everyone. It's not going away whether you like it or not.
Words change. When I was young, Enid Blyton told us Noddy was a "gay little fellow" but I don't think she meant homosexual, though upon spending a night sharing a bed with Noddy, Big Ears "woke up feeling a little queer".

"Pretty" used to mean "cunning, crafty or clever".

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Honestly, I don't want to offend anyone, but surely it's a lot better for me to say are you gay?
Have you ever asked anyone if they were heterosexual? Then why do you feel the need to ask if someone is homosexual, whatever term you choose?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If people want to be queer, or mentally deranged by dressing up thinking you're female,
Have you ever considered the notions behind certain clothing and behaviour being attributed to particular genders. It is actually quite arbitrary as a result of historical accidents rather than anything intrinsic.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:32
The Flintstones theme song told us we would "have a gay old time" watching it.

I always wondered about Fred & Barney. Now, there's a case where I would be tempted to ask, are you gay? Or just good friends?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
An advertisement leaflet myself, and my colleague Ian came up with, for a landscaping materials company depicted a curvatious female character, somewhat like Jessica Rabbit, with the slogan "Get your Rocks off Rivar" Rivar being the name of the company.....

I relate this story to offer some insight into my thought process in arriving at this observation:-

Does Barney get his rocks off Fred?

Harrybrigham

Local time
Bob Hope summed it all up with a joke many years ago. "I'm not leaving California because of the homosexuality. I'm going before they make it compulsory."

AngelSpeaks

Local time
The Flintstones theme song told us we would "have a gay old time" watching it.

Time to cancel The Flintstones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom