drawing dynamic lines (1 Viewer)

bauer

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:29
I had a problem with lines that I drew in a report, they wouldn't grow or shrink depending on if there was data or not. Then someone (probably from this group) directed me to microsoft's page where they have a database with a bunch of solutions to different problems (the address escapes me now).

Now, onto my problem. I am trying to do this, draw a dynamic line up and down my report. I have tried the following three methods, but I keep getting the same result, a line going from the top to below the bottom of where the lowest control is
Code:
'bottomLine being the bottom most line on the page
Me.Line (0 * 1440, 0)-(0 * 1440, Me.bottomLine.top)
Me.Line (2 * 1440, 0)-(2 * 1440, Me.ScaleHeight)
Me.Line (4.4167 * 1440, 0)-(4.4167 * 1440, 14400)
Me.Line (6.5 * 1440, 0)-(6.5 * 1440, 10 * 1440)

I have also tried putting a tiny line in, and then lengthening it by code:
Code:
Me.vertLine0.Height = bottomLine.Top
Me.vertLine1.Height = Me.ScaleHeight
Me.vertLine2.Height = 14400
Me.vertLine3.Height = 14400
but when I try this, any feilds that I have made invisible, their space is still retained, which leaves a big space in the middle of my report. (In essence, these lines take on the Top of bottomLine frlom the design view, not run time, as well as the scale height)
(14400 was the number they gave me, as being a really big number)

Thank you in advance for any help.

Alexandre

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:29
If I remember well, the method just consists in drawing a line from the top of your section (0) to a point that exceeds from far the section height under any circumstance (ie: big number). Access will cut that line to the actual height of the section at printing time.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom