DreamWeaver Forms (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 02:00
Does anyone have any experience using Dreamweaver? I'm starting to learn it now and I have a couple easy questions, but checking to see if anyone knows the program that could help me out...

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
ajetrumpet,

I don't know anything about DreamWeaver, but I am curious. What made you start to learn DreamWeaver? Did you consider Visual Web Developer - 2008?

I have been using VWD and like if very much, but I am curious about your choosing DreamWeaver.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Hello B,

I kinda got stuck with it, and one of our programmers knows the program extremely well. Unfortunately though, we made plans to do web development in DW CS3 with him, and now he won't be able to meet the committment, so I have to learn it and do the work myself. I would prefer to use a tool that supports VB script, but I know of none. Is that why you like VWD so much?

I called our web hosting service the other day, and the rep told me that the learning curve is about 2 years for DW. :D He said...GOOD LUCK!

I can certainly use design tools with this thing, but writing PHP or HTML is out of the question for me for sure. I simply do not know it. The one thing I can say for sure though is that it is like Excel a whole lot, where you can make objects, or write code with a split (design/code) window, and see the page update as your are making progress. That's a real helpful tool!

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
ajetrumpet,
Sounds like you have your hands full with DreamWeaver. I do hope that the guy that got you into this will at least be available for help with those issues that crop up and it is not clear how to deal with.

They are bound to happen.

I do like the fact that I can use VB in VWD. I like the idea that it provides almost every kind of view of what you are doing as you could want. The leaning curve is still pretty steep for an old man. It's just too bad that moveing to VWD is just not an option. Keep me informed as to how the project is going.

Good luck.

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:00
I am self taught with Dreamweaver, bought a book and learn as I go really. There are also many articles / examples online to learn from. Whilst I admit I am very much still a novice at Dreamweaver, it's not actually been too bad to pick up and get things working. I do have the advantage that my sites have been more as a hobbie so no pressing deadlines so I am just learning at my leisure which always takes the pressure off.

Good luck anyway :)

Hay

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:00
Have used both, Dreamweaver is WAY WAY easier for the simple stuff. It definitely has it's limits, but you can get a lot done really quickly.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:00
We have used Dreamweaver with Cold Fusion (HTML on steroids). We liked it a lot, not saying it is the best way. I liked it's search capabilities.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:00
Adam,

I did try Dreamweaver or equivalent Adobe product years ago, if you want html with intelligence, I would adopt both a scripting language and database solution. You seem quite savvy so you could pick up ASP with a little help from the web.

Simon

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I am sure I could. I started to look into, then my job duties changed. I have no time to work on web pages at home.

smithdavid

Registered User.
Local time
Dreamweaver is the software which is used for designing web pages in html,php,asp,xml.
It is very easy to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom