DST Forever...? (1 Viewer)

What Should be done about DST? Pick one option from the first six and one from the last two.

• I live outside the US and don't care how you set your clocks...

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Nothing - keep switching clocks twice/year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm in the Northern US - I want permanent DST (noon = ~1:00)

• I'm in the Northern US - I want permanent Standard Time (noon = ~12:00)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I'm in the Sourthern US - I want permanent DST (noon = ~1:00)

• I'm in the Southern US - I want permanent Standard Time (noon = ~12:00)

• Where I live in my time zone, DST more closely aligns to the sunrise-sunset cycle

• Where I live in my time zone, Standard Time better aligns to the sunrise-sunset cycle

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 11:24
despite it having no impact to them or their constituents, they voted in favor. :rolleyes:
And this is where you lose me. I'm not sure how you fail to understand that we still have to interact with the rest of the world. We have to navigate the fact that the difference in time between us and others is constantly changing.

Imagine right now that you have family in california. You maintain an awareness of the difference in time between you and them for phone calls, interaction, etc. Factor in a job too. Now imagine that every few months the amount of time that's different between you actually changes.

So yeah, we don't change our clocks, but the fact that everyone else changes theirs while we don't is quite impactful.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:24
I agree, having to adjust to differing time differences is much worse than changing the clocks twice a year.

JonXL

Local time
Today, 13:24
And this is where you lose me. I'm not sure how you fail to understand that we still have to interact with the rest of the world. We have to navigate the fact that the difference in time between us and others is constantly changing.

Imagine right now that you have family in california. You maintain an awareness of the difference in time between you and them for phone calls, interaction, etc. Factor in a job too. Now imagine that every few months the amount of time that's different between you actually changes.

So yeah, we don't change our clocks, but the fact that everyone else changes theirs while we don't is quite impactful.
Oh I get why having everyone around you constantly changing their time would be a PITA and understand wanting to stick with just one time. I, too, want to stick with just one time.

What surprises me is that you prefer that time to be DST vs standard. Does Arizona not like being on standard time or do you just wish you were in a different time zone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom