Duplicates on reports (1 Viewer)

JFR

Local time
Yesterday, 17:31
I am using Access 2010. I am tracking donations and have donors with the same last name but different first names. I am using two tables for my report. One is a table with the donors last name, first name, and address. The second contains the date, donor name (first and last), type, amount/value, and fund of the donation. I have a query where I link the last names and then pull the date, type, amount/value, and fund. The query will show donors with the same last name but different first names. From this query I have a report to pull the fields and group/total on each donor. The problem is it only pulls one donor where the last names are the same. How do I get my report to show both donors?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:31
You can link tables by two fields. So link by first and last. Then group on first and last.

Next time you should make an autonumber primary key. Then relate the donors by the primary key to the second table. To make this easy you set up a form and subform. The main form is Donors. The subform is donations. You can set it up so that the key is automatically populated.

JFR

Local time
Yesterday, 17:31
I am using Access 2010. I am tracking donations and have donors with the same last name but different first names. I am using two tables for my report. One is a table with the donors last name, first name, and address. The second contains the date, donor name (first and last), type, amount/value, and fund of the donation. I have a query where I link the last names and then pull the date, type, amount/value, and fund. The query will show donors with the same last name but different first names. From this query I have a report to pull the fields and group/total on each donor. The problem is it only pulls one donor where the last names are the same. How do I get my report to show both donors?
Thank you. The grouping worked. I will take your advice on the autonumber primary key when I update my database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom