Dynamic forms (1 Viewer)

Chumpalot

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:18
Hi all,

I'm not even sure dynamic forms would be the best way to go about this, please let me explain what is required.

I have information that needs to be stored per country. These countries belong to different categories. The country category list is the front end of the database (at least this is how I envisage it at the moment).

When I click on a country category button on the frontend I'm taken to a list of countries belonging to that category. When I click on a country another form opens with more options for that country (currently in the form of more buttons).

Rather than create an individual form (and their subforms) for each country (of which there are over 50). Is there a way I can just create the one form and have the buttons change depending on what country is clicked in the preceding form? I have created a table with my list of countries and the attributes I'd like to show (Yes/No options) but I'm unsure on how to go about implementing this.

I apologise if I haven't explained it all that well. Thank you for any help offered.

Cheers
David

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 22:18
First of all move the country category table to the backend as it's data.

You can definitely do this in one form where the items displayed depend on the category.
There are several methods of which one is to use the tag property for each control.
Say your categories are A,B,C etc, then controls with tag A would be visible and other controls hidden. Labels can also be modified if appropriate.

Have a look at this example database to see the idea https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=293439

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom