Easter Island (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 11:01
what I was saying was that where it was not justified, a 4 x 4 does generate some anxiety in society.

I would venture to say that (possibly) my 2 litre Mondeo estate is not the most economical, but I do need a car of that size. But I don't drive it daily as I use the bike

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Bodisathva said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: How far are you commuting and at what speeds???

Not far fortunately. About 5 miles, 30 mph (ish) through town and I have heated grips;)

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
ColinEssex said:
what I was saying was that where it was not justified, a 4 x 4 does generate some anxiety in society.

Col

Joking aside I hate 4 x 4 s too, I have noticed that they frequently park in the disabled bays in car parks as the drivers cannot sqeeze them into the normal bays, as we need a disabled bay for me to help my wife out I am sometimes forced to park across the middle of 2 normal bays.

Brian

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:01
ColinEssex said:
Not far fortunately. About 5 miles, 30 mph (ish) through town and I have heated grips;)

Col
well, that explains it;) I have 33 miles, 50 - 70 mph...under 50 F, I leave the bike in the garage:(

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Bodisathva said:
well, that explains it;) I have 33 miles, 50 - 70 mph...under 50 F, I leave the bike in the garage:(

You would only use it for 4 months here.

Brian

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
You would only use it for 4 months here.

Brian
I leave for work at 5:45am, so 4 months is about all I get here too...with the exception of the odd days like today and weekend/day off cruising, of course.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Joking aside I hate 4 x 4 s too, I have noticed that they frequently park in the disabled bays in car parks as the drivers cannot sqeeze them into the normal bays, as we need a disabled bay for me to help my wife out I am sometimes forced to park across the middle of 2 normal bays.
Thats why I need the Mondeo estate, I too get upset at normal drivers pinching the disabled bays.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Bodisathva said:
I leave for work at 5:45am, so 4 months is about all I get here too...with the exception of the odd days like today and weekend/day off cruising, of course.

Had I left at that time this morning, it was below freezing, I would have thought about taking the car, I don't ride on icy and snowy roads. Today was a "dry" frost, so the roads were ok.

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Had I left at that time this morning, it was below freezing, I would have thought about taking the car, I don't ride on icy and snowy roads. Today was a "dry" frost, so the roads were ok.

Col

For snowy roads I have a 1990 Ford F250 4WD Extra Heavy Duty.

It sits until it snows. 9 mpg.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Met a guy from Finland a few years back, he rides his all year round:eek: ;)
I see bikers with fairings are still riding routinely...I guess wind blocking would be one benefit of the extra weight. Those of you with them, how much does it cut down on the wind-chill?

R

Rich

Bodisathva said:
You dawdle on the way to work, how about the homeward journey:confused:

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
You dawdle on the way to work, how about the homeward journey:confused:
I try to dawdle on the way home, too;)

you did note that's not KPH?

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Are things that bad there ?:confused: ;)
No, I had... speed issues in my younger years :cool: I do manage a good run every now and again... cobwebs need to be blown out from time to time, you know;)

emcf

Local time
ColinEssex said:

Col

its been pretty chilly on the scooter recently....i urgently need to buy -

• winter gloves
  • proper bike trousers (currently just ride in suit trousers which has little windproofing:eek: )
  • a stylish moped rider flappy scarf...hmmmm, maybe not.
  • heated grip thingys - although may just buy a big bike that has them fitted. not sure if it is just the old man tourer bikes that come with those fitted!

does riding in this weather make me a hardcore winter biker?!?:D

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Don't be such a woosey, at your age you shouldn't feel the cold:D

I's Wussy, and how did my thread on the end of the human race become a motercycle discussion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom