Easter Island (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

jsanders said:
I's Wussy,
Not here it isn't

and how did my thread on the end of the human race become a motercycle discussion?
your thread was boring, still nothing new there

emcf

Local time
Today, 19:52
jsanders said:
I's Wussy, and how did my thread on the end of the human race become a motercycle discussion?

sorry joe :eek: , i guess i'll make an on-post comment to make up for the off-post one!

jsanders said:
As the human race has continued to thrive in this last century, more and more are moving to materialism, and all of the associated cost. Since WWII the industrial age has grown to encompass more than 2 billion additional people, soon the Chinese will be living the lives of their Western counterparts. When this happens the demand for natural resources will either cause huge shortages, pollution, and hardship for the most vulnerable members of the race, or a global conflict; or both.

i agree, our current way of living is not going to last forever....resources from land through oil to water are becoming more scarce. if china and india develop a taste for oil comparable with western levels then the environment is in for a real kicking.

and water will be the cause of future wars too.

jsanders said:
So what can we do to stem the tide.

When faced with gang green the traditional remedy has been to cut off the limb before the patient dies. Are such drastic measures necessary now, or will we work together to find ways to sustain economies (so essential for us) while preserving life or will we wait until we need an amputation?

we need to make sure that clean technologies are actively promoted to developing nations to ensure that energy use is as clean and efficient as possible.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 14:52
jsanders said:
As I stated earlier the administration seriously capitalized on fear. But as you can readily surmise from our latest elections that fear factor has subsided.

Republicans under Karl Rove’s leadership; have utilized fear and abortion to completely dominate American politics for the last 6 years. Finely the masses have come around to my way of thinking.

I've said it before, Bush and his Administration are all terrorists. They should be at war with themselves for what they put this country through.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
jsanders said:
how did my thread on the end of the human race become a motercycle discussion?

It stared as early as the second post when Col mentioned the joy of getting your first car

Brrian

R

Rich

Vassago said:
I've said it before, Bush and his Administration are all terrorists. They should be at war with themselves for what they put this country through.
But is there any more likelyhood of them standing trial for lies and incompetence than there is for Bliar?:mad:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
As I stated earlier the administration seriously capitalized on fear. But as you can readily surmise from our latest elections that fear factor has subsided.

Oh yes indeed. The constant drivel from both Bush and Blair that we are facing a new kind of enemy who are more extreme then ever.

Give me a break, the Japanese were running suicide missions sixty odd years ago, and their military capability extended a little way beyond some thugs armed with knives. I really have no idea what a WW2 vet must think when they hear this kind of sensationalist rhetoric.

Last edited:
R

Rich

dan-cat said:
Oh yes indeed. The constant drivel from both Bush and Blair that we are facing a new kind of enemy who are more extreme then ever.
That's because the easiest way for governments to get control back from the people is to put the fear of Christ into them.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
That's because the easiest way for governments to get control back from the people is to put the fear of Christ into them.

There's no fear of Christ, if you’re going to make a point about our religion being the root of all problems in the world, then at least make your quotes accurate.

It’s “The fear of God”. God brought law to Mosses and so the people feared.
Jesus brought Grace to us, so we do not fear him. It’s his absence that we fear.

Last edited:
R

Rich

jsanders said:
There's no fear of Christ, if you’re going to make a point about our religion being the root of all problems in the world, than at least make your quotes accurate.

I wonder why paranoia and Americans go together hand in hand, the fear of Christ is a common expression here. Where did I mention your religion?:rolleyes:

R

Rich

jsanders said:
It’s “The fear of God”. God brought law to Mosses and so the people feared.

So God rules by fear, fear of what exactly?:confused:

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
This is just getting really sad. You claim you're not talking about religion in one post and then in the very next post you start talking about religion.

It's so obvious you used the term 'Christ' as a red flag.

To be honest I'm just not sure why you're not picking up on the amount of bad feeling caused by this kind of stick poking.
Jesus Christ! I wasn't the one who brought God into the conversation:rolleyes:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Jesus Christ! I wasn't the one who brought God into the conversation:rolleyes:

Really Rich?

I honestly think, you should seek counsiling.

statsman

Local time
Heres one solution for pollution. It will clean up the air and all nations using this idea will be in compliance with Kyoto.

10 years from today it becomes a criminal offence to own, produce, use or posses gasoline (petrol).

All cars currently using it will have to be converted to another power source. All those handy household things like lawn mowers and portable generators will have to be converted.

Vehicles over 5 tonnes gross weight will still be allowed to use deisel, but only those vehicles.

Now we can find out if all those alternate energy sources the auto manufacturers have been keeping under wraps really exist.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
jsanders said:
God brought law to Mosses
Doesn't that grow on rocks and stuff?:confused: We used to get moss in our lawn.

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Doesn't that grow on rocks and stuff?:confused: We used to get moss in our lawn.

Col

Of course, but by now most everyone else is used to my typos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom