Election Do-Over!!! (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:24
Having read some of this conversation, I am not sure it matters what Trump does. If the vast amount of coverage from the media is negative, it is quite likely you will get a negative opinion. Any topic can have two sides, since everything has an opportunity cost.

Let me give an example.

Someone spends a huge amount of money on law and order. But this could be skewed as being negligent on health care, as "that is where the real priority should be." In another world, a huge amount of money is spent on health care. The media complains that not enough is done about law and order. Or in world #3, you divide the budget equally between health care and law and order. Complaints of inadequent expenditure on both! You can't win. Financial resources are limited. Time is limited.

It is the individuals personal decision on what they choose to focus on: the stuff that didn't get done, or the stuff that did get done.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 22:24
What could he have done differently?

1. Obviously he could have handled the pandemic better. He consistently downplayed the virus and the scientific community. He downplayed masks and distancing. These things definitely hurt him.

2. Divisiveness defined his presidency. He perpetuated this divide with his own statements. He attacked anyone who pointed out flaws or criticised him instead of trying to bridge the divide. He eventually alienated many of his own supporters with these attacks. Dozens of defector groups across the country agent "gullible."

3. He could have been more stern in his denouncement of white supremacy and racism. By the same note, Biden could do the same, but he not currently and hasn't been President for 4 years. He preferred not to because he knew a lot of his voters came from these groups. I'm prey sure he lost more votes by these actions, including mine, than he gained.

4. He focused way too much on his own perception of his personal image rather than America's image.

5. The ICE fiascos. The family separations and dead children are on his head.

I can name more reasons why I didn't vote for him this time around.
Your diatribe is noted. TDS. No point in responding further.
Because you refuse to acknowledge that he could be responsible for his own shortcoming including failure to be voted for. You refuse to acknowledge that he even has shortcomings instead deflecting then to another party. It's the equivalent of saying "I'm sorry what I said made you feel attacked" instead of "I'm sorry I attacked you.". It puts all the responsibility on the other party and how they feel instead of your own actions.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I don't get the white supremacy and Trump argument. Well, I do actually. It is the Left trying to link Trump to racism for political purposes. If you watch CNN, you would think he never denounces white supremacy. Well, here are a few times...

Vassago

Local time
I don't get the white supremacy and Trump argument. Well, I do actually. It is the Left trying to link Trump to racism for political purposes. If you watch CNN, you would think he never denounces white supremacy. Well, here are a few times...

You're not in this country. You don't get to see daily white power symbols next to Trump signs in yards. I don't believe he is racist. I believe he loves his racist supporters, though.

Vassago

Local time
And I've already responsed to that ridiculous video.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
both Biden and Harris spread hysterical fear mongering to the gullible public by disengously claiming that any vaccine developed by the Trump adminstration could not be trusted. One pundit expressed concern, that some people for that very reason will not take a vaccine and some will die. Democrats putting politics over lives.
The trump admin has not developed any vaccine.

Both Biden and Harris have made it clear that it is trump they dont trust as he politicized the virus and vaccine. They both have stated that if the experts deem it safe no problem.

And they are not alone . . . https://www.axios.com/axios-ipsos-p...ine-06428246-c633-41ba-9081-1f789a90e976.html

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
You're not in this country. You don't get to see daily white power symbols next to Trump signs in yards. I don't believe he is racist. I believe he loves his racist supporters, though.
Correct, I am not in that country. And you can only see what is in your current vicinity. i.e. you do not see 99.999999999999% of the US. The rest of it you see through the media, like me. Plus, if you prime your Reticular Activating System to find what you seek, that is all you see. It is like buying a new car and then suddenly seeing the same model everywhere, when you didn't notice it before.

Where is your evidence that he loves his racist supporters?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The trump admin has not developed any vaccine.
That's true. He just laid the foundations to facility rapid development, such as slashing bureaucracy that could hinder progress. The profit motive drove industry to develop the vaccine.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
His own sister said he was a racist. Ask the Central Park 5 if he is a racist. The DOJ sued him twice for being a racist.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Because you refuse to acknowledge that he could be responsible for his own shortcoming including failure to be voted for. You refuse to acknowledge that he even has shortcomings instead deflecting then to another party. It's the equivalent of saying "I'm sorry what I said made you feel attacked" instead of "I'm sorry I attacked you.". It puts all the responsibility on the other party and how they feel instead of your own actions.
Totally false. Not advertising a person's faults is not refusing to acknowledge them. I've already acknowledge that Trump needed to keep his mouth shut on numerous occasions and that he failed to adequately respond to the disinformation and hysteria being spread by the Biden campaign and the complicit media.

Yet you seem hypnotized by this falsehood, as if you caught TDS, as shown by your comment: "Obviously he could have handled the pandemic better. He consistently downplayed the virus and the scientific community. He downplayed masks and distancing. These things definitely hurt him.". This is the self-serving Democratic mantra, not truth. Note what @AccessBlaster wrote.
Keep in mind over 70% of all American journalist are self described democratic voters, the remainder is split between libertarian and republican. They push a false theory of a VAST rightwing conspiracy. It's laughable really, the left controls the narrative with little opposition. We are at a disadvantage yet have to provide all the evidence of malfeasance.
Seems that you drank the Democratic kool-aid. Trump was already acting while Biden and other Democrats were trying to unjustly impeach Trump and deny the seriousness of the pandemic. Then in unison and coordination, Biden and the complicit media exploded with a massive disinformation campaign with false assertions that Trump did "nothing". And you believe that!

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I presume you are referring to this case: https://thehill.com/homenews/news/3...elated-to-trump-apartment-discrimination-case

You may be interested to read this after the FBI released the documentation surrounding the case in 2017.

Many of the interviewees said that they had never seen any discrimination against African-Americans or Puerto Ricans.

One tenant told FBI investigators that “it was obvious that she had not been discriminated against since she, in fact, a Negro female, had been rented an apartment” at one of the buildings owned by Trump Management Co., documents say.

That probably doesn't get reported in CNN since it goes against the narrative.

And as I understand it, it was his fathers business, Fred Trump.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
His sisters comments were from private recordings of when she was talking with Trump's niece, which the Trump family sued.

The recordings of Barry, 83, were made by Trump’s niece, Mary Trump, who published a scathing tell-all book on the president and their family last month.

Mary Trump obviously hated Donald and it is not stretch to believe that either they were in it together, or that Mary set Barry up to slag off Trump. A sister badmouthing her own brother behind his back, and his niece trying to cash in on a book that sets out to trash his character and reputation, because her previous settlement for tens of millions of dollars was not enough.

That is not evidence of racism. It is evidence though of ugly behaviour from his sister and niece.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
That's true. He just laid the foundations to facility rapid development, such as slashing bureaucracy that could hinder progress.
What did he slash? As in actually slash. His claim that he's pressured the FDA is why people are hesitant to take the vaccine.
@moke123 Is Biden racist?
Bidens had his issues in the past but presently no he's not.
I presume you are referring to this case: https://thehill.com/homenews/news/3...elated-to-trump-apartment-discrimination-case

You may be interested to read this after the FBI released the documentation surrounding the case in 2017.

That probably doesn't get reported in CNN since it goes against the narrative.

And as I understand it, it was his fathers business, Fred Trump.
And other parts of that article say
one employee told investigators that he or she had been specifically directed by the elder Trump to screen applicants and not “rent to blacks” and to steer them to other buildings.
Yes it was freds businesses but there is plenty of other evidence that points to the fruit not falling far from the tree.
because her previous settlement for tens of millions of dollars was not enough.
I've never seen any amount disclosed other than
The deal that she reached two decades ago assumed the Trump family’s estate was worth $30 million, according to Mary Trump. But she later came to believe that it was closer to $1 billion.
But hey donalds never been accused of fudging the value of his assets right?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
He managed so far to not start a war
Unlike the previous four. How quickly we forget.

If there was no voting fraud to find, the Democrats would be just sitting around smiling while Trump spent his money funding recounts. If there was no voting fraud, Republican representatives would not have been barred from bulk counting centers. There are tapes. There are affidavits. Now instead of "no fraud" we've moved on to "not enough fraud to change the outcome".

When in four years, the media cannot find a single positive thing to say about a person who not only didn't start any wars but was also nominated for 3-4 Nobel Peace prizes, maybe, just maybe, they're hiding something from you. My question is why do you not question this total wall of negativity. Half of America voted for him in 2016 and even more voted for him in 2020. His popularity after he seemingly lost the election is still higher than Obama's after he won his second term. What is wrong with this picture?

Just FYI,
Something I found out about the NYT a few years ago was their refusal to publish articles on the death camps in Germany even though there now seems to be lots of rumors and facts that were available at the time. Think about that position and the impact it had on the Jews and other "undesirables" caught up in the Nazi death machine. We, the American people did not rally to the cause so America did not take in refugees as they should have. How many people died because we didn't help them?

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
On the issue of so-called White Supremacy, it can be seen on its-face that this is a Democratic/complicit media created talking point. It is an example, of repeating the same untruth over and over and over and over as if the question had never been magically asked before by a prior reporter. This incessant mindless repetition demonstrates that the complicit media is spoon-feeding the gullible public a false narrative to make Trump appear "bad".

Trump responded numerous times saying that he condemned White Supremacy, yet the reporters kept demanding further clarifications as if they could not "comprehend" what Trump had stated. So how many times would it take for the reporters to finally comprehend Trumps response? (@Vassago: Trump instead of answering the question, should have politely stated that he had answered it before. Refused to say anything further. Next question. But Trump just couldn't keep his mouth shut. Additionally his responses, though justifiable, were adversarial on occasion.)

Take Biden. Why did the reporters never press Biden concerning Black Lives Matter and/or Antifa. Biden also made racist remarks that if a Black person does not vote for him, then that person isn't Black enough. Biden and Harris both visited in-person the Blake family. Bad optics here. A good smear mongering press would have easily painted Biden and Harris as supporting racism and misogyny. Which also brings-up a counter point. Why didn't (to my knowledge) Biden or Harris visit any of the police officers injured by Antifa and/or Black Lives Matter. The press should be screaming that Biden/Harris don't support law and order. The press by being silent on negative news concerning Biden, displayed that they are in the tank for Biden and their reporting can't be trusted.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
What did he slash? As in actually slash. His claim that he's pressured the FDA is why people are hesitant to take the vaccine.
Operation Warp Speed is not about making unsafe vaccines. You have been misinformed, perhaps from CNN.

It will promote mass production of multiple vaccines based on preliminary evidence allowing for faster distribution if clinical trials confirm one of the vaccines is safe and effective.

You see? Mass produced vaccines that only get released "if" clinical trials confirm the vaccine is safe. There will always be objectors, just like in the climate change argument.

Bidens had his issues in the past but presently no he's not.
So like Trump then? What about when he said, "You ain't black?" And claiming latinos were more diverse? You said the DOJ sued Trump in 1973 for being racist as evidence that he is racist, but you excuse Biden for his past? Is that what you call bias? And wasn't it his fathers company that got sued, not Donald? On that basis, Biden has much more to answer for. Trump doesn't call black men "super-predators" like Biden does.

But hey donalds never been accused of fudging the value of his assets right?
What is the value of his assets? How do they know? CNN with anonymous inside sources, like their dead cert Russia collusion information?

Yes it was freds businesses but there is plenty of other evidence that points to the fruit not falling far from the tree.
The DOJ sued him twice for being a racist.
So your statement that the DOJ sued him twice is incorrect. If they sue his fathers business, that is not sueing Donald. And therefore that aspect of your racism accusation falls apart.

I am glad we are getting to the bottom of all this.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Trump responded numerous times saying that he condemned White Supremacy, yet the reporters kept demanding further clarifications as if they could not "comprehend" what Trump had stated.
I quite agree. It is ridiculous. It is almost like if they tell a big fat lie enough times, it will convince people and they will believe it. Well, those who want to believe it will believe it, due to motivated reasoning. They will do everything they can to find the evidence that he is racist and have zero balance on the issue. Meanwhile, they give Biden a pass for his numerous gaffs like calling black men "super-predator", excusing him with throwaway lines like, "Oh, that's just Joe!".

You cannot convince those who do not want to see.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The thing I keep finding is that when Trump gets accused of this and that, when you dig a little deeper, things are not quite like what the accuser is saying. It is distortion. On the other hand, there is no distortion with the accusations against Hillary. Tons of evidence, most of it destroyed, complicit FBI, none of which gets reported on CNN. Leaks, bogus investigations and impeachments, Quid Pro Quo getting zero comeback for doing what the Democrats claim Trump did, but didn't do. Hey ho, what can you do, eh?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
1. Obviously he could have handled the pandemic better. He consistently downplayed the virus and the scientific community. He downplayed masks and distancing. These things definitely hurt him.

OPINION. You are looking at this in hindsight. Trump did what the "experts" told him to do and then some. You are not seeing the testimony of experts who disagree with Fauci because they are banned by social media. When we look back at this period in time, we are toing to be horrified at how we allowed ourselves to become cowering victims.

2. Divisiveness defined his presidency. He perpetuated this divide with his own statements. He attacked anyone who pointed out flaws or criticised him instead of trying to bridge the divide. He eventually alienated many of his own supporters with these attacks. Dozens of defector groups across the country agent "gullible."

The contentiousness takes two sides. Trump is a street fighter. He is not a politician. He is not politically correct. When you attack him, he fights back with a vengeance. It's not my style and I think he is sometimes too sensitive but I don't think he goes looking for fights. However, if one comes his way, he does not back down. That leaves the media to resorting to name calling and innuendo. The racists in the Democrat party see racism in everyone who is not them. If America is as racist as the Marxists would have you believe, then the immigrants of color who clamber to come here are stupid. Why would they want to come to a racist country? Interestingly, this makes us safer in the world because other countries are afraid to call him out.

3. He could have been more stern in his denouncement of white supremacy and racism. By the same note, Biden could do the same, but he not currently and hasn't been President for 4 years. He preferred not to because he knew a lot of his voters came from these groups. I'm prey sure he lost more votes by these actions, including mine, than he gained.

Utter B U L L S H I T. Biden is the one who says racist things, NOT Trump. Do your own fact check on "Charlottesville" and listen to the actual unedited tape so you can see how the media manipulated his comments. Make sure you find the unedited version because most sites will have the clipped one.

4. He focused way too much on his own perception of his personal image rather than America's image.

OPINION. He actually is concerned about keeping America safe. He is concerned that the rest of the world has been bleeding us dry since the end of WWII (with our permission). It started with the Marshall plan. We were the only major country in the world left standing after WWI so we set out to help the rest. At some point, we should have backed off on the giveaways but never did until Trump started renegotiating our trade treaties. He took us out of treaties that did nothing for us like the Paris Climate Accord and the Treaty with Iran and got us into peace treaties between Israel and other Middle Eastern countries.

5. The ICE fiascos. The family separations and dead children are on his head.

OPINION. Who built the facilities that caused the uproar about the child separation? Who made the separation policy? REALLY, you need to check your facts sometimes. WHEN were the bogus pictures of children in cages taken? Has anyone ever apologized for all that mis-information including the staged pictures of children in actual dog cages? One of my friends believed that picture and she never backed down even when I showed her the whole image the cage was cropped from. I can't be friends with stupid people so we are no longer friends. Does that make me a bigot? Trump's intention on choosing to enforce OBAMA's rules about separation was an attempt (sadly failed) to get Congress to do their job and FIX THE DAMN LAW!!!! When a parent takes a child with them to commit a crime does the child accompany the parent to a jail cell??? NO! They are separated. Plus in this case, many children were just pawns and not even the actual children of the people who used them to cross the border so separating them was actually safer for the children. Also, the facilities that the invaders are originally held in are short term. They are not intended to be comfortable living quarters. They are intended to be safe spaces to keep the criminals from molesting the vulnerable.

He eventually alienated many of his own supporters with these attacks
I guess that's why so many more people voted for him this time around.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom