Embedded reports (1 Viewer)

Ian Rennie

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:28
Hi,
I have created two reports, both with charts, which both work. One of them is based on a union query. When I insert one report within the other the system complains that my uniou query does not have the same number of fields - yet when I run the reprt alone it works fine.

Can anyone help?

Ian

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 07:28
Post your database with some sample data, (zip it because you haven't post 10 post yet), and the name of the report in which you have problem.

Ian Rennie

Registered User.
Local time
Thank uou JHB very much - I've stripped down the data and zipped now. The report that I have problems with is the 'Copy of Registration Report'.

I must be doing something wrong!

Ian

Attachments

• ATCData Copy.zip
    208.9 KB · Views: 78

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
When I insert one report within the other the system complains that my uniou query does not have the same number of fields
I'm not getting the above error, but only 1 graph show data in the 'Copy of Registration Report'.
Immediately, I am not able to figure out what you are trying to view, could you please try to explain how you want the report should looks like?

Ian Rennie

Registered User.
Local time
Hi JHB,

I'm not sure why the error is not there all the time - when I try to run it again here the same error message does not appear either - however the reports do not display as I want them to. I have created an image called Mockup.jpg showing what I would like to see.

Does this help? Thank you very much for helping

Attachments

• Mockup.JPG
    Mockup.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 66

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Yes it did, I've attached the database, open the 'Copy of Registration Report'.

Attachments

• ATCData Copy3.zip
    61.2 KB · Views: 71

Ian Rennie

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, JHB,

Thank you very much - the database you sent works great - but I have no idea what you did. If I copy the report CLPresentBook from my original database to the one you supplied it still does not display when I embed it in a new blank report - I'm missing something! Can you help? Ian

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Sorry - I thought you were able to find out what changed. :)

1. You need to move the graph from the page header to the detail section, report "CLPresentBook". Text or anything else in the page header, is in a sub report not "printed".
  2. Then I change the record source for the main report to a new query, ("CountOfCongNo") because you want to show "Total to date:". The query string "SELECT Count(QRawData.CongNo) AS CountOfCongNo FROM QRawData;"
If you have any more question to the report then ask!

Ian Rennie

Registered User.
Local time
Hi JHB,

Yes I had hoped that I could see what is happening but I am still stuck. I think I have done all you have said and it didn't work on the original database - but I have narrowed it down to the CLPresentBook report. So I went back to the dummy database which you sentback to me - where it still works - imported the CLPresentBook report from the originat database (renamed CLPresentBook1), created a new blank report (Report1) and inserted both CLPresentBook and CLPresentBook1 into Report1. CLPresentBook displays CLPresentBook1 doesn't.

I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Copy database - zipped - attached.

??

Attachments

• ATCData Copy22.zip
    90.7 KB · Views: 65

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
You still need to do point 1, (see the attached picture).

1. You need to move the graph from the page header to the detail section, report "CLPresentBook". Text or anything else in the page header, is in a sub report not "printed".

Attachments

• PageHeader.jpg
    PageHeader.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 118

Ian Rennie

Registered User.
Local time
Now I feel really dumb - thank you very much for your patience - I had misunderstood which report and didn't realise that this was an access feature. I guess I hadn't done it wrong before!

Ian

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Good you got it solved, yeah communication is a difficult thing. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom