Question Enable all macros (1 Viewer)

genesis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:33
Good day!

I have created my project and on my startup form are functions that will be executed.

However, these functions are disabled by default especially on the first run of access on the new computer.

So if I am going to install the project on another computer on which I have not yet setup the macros settings then, all macros are disabled by default.

So therefore, my functions wont run and the application will not run properly at all.

So the solution is to enable the macros and disable the sandbox.

But since the macros are still disabled, my solution was to create another file outside the project that will enabled the macros and disable the sandbox. And I have succeeded on that.

However, I was thinking if there are other way that will not need outside file to enable the macros without manually setting up the macros?

genesis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:33
thanks for the reply sir. actually I have already researched and got information about modifying the registry entries for trusted locations, sandboxmode, vbawarnings Sir and I have included that in my modules but my problem is

a.) if the project is run on the new computer wherein the registry is not yet setup to disable the warnings, then my functions and macros will not work.

so the solution I made is I have created a executable file that will update the registry before the project can be used.

However, I am thinking if it is still possible to update the registry using my current project and not using my executable file or registry file or to manually modify the registry Sir.

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 09:33
... about modifying the registry entries for trusted locations, sandboxmode, vbawarnings ...
What vbawarnings are you referring to? If you are turng of globally all the warnings, i would warn you NOT to do that. IT is considered by most to be avoided. i has seen it ereh this has caused major issues like data lost and forms, queries and report getting deleted for changed in other database. This is a global change to Access not just for your database!

I use an installer EXE to set up my database shortcuts and only set the trusted location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom