Enhanced Search is installed (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:36
I've now installed Enhanced Search and elasticsearch combination. It is supposed to provide much faster and comprehensive search, since it is taking the data from a RAM cache rather than from a mysql query. Can anyone confirm whether or not there is a speed difference and more results being shown? I'm not sure how to test if it is working or not.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
One of the benefits of the new search is that there is no minimum characters required. So, for those who tried to search before using csv, you can now do it! I believe you get about 200 results. Not sure how many the previous search provided?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Just re-tested for two items that I had searched for in the past week: Posta I had done with search terms Progress bar and osk (on screen keyboard).
The new search found what I had been previously looking for unsuccessfully.
Many thanks Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Brilliant! It seems to be working ok then.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
On the basis of 2 searches by one person, then yes indeed!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
That's good enough for me! :ROFLMAO:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:36
Seems to work spectacularly for me!!:love:

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:36
Thank you Jon!
Can anyone confirm whether or not there is a speed difference and more results being shown?
The number of results changed dramatically. Now every result that should exist for my few sample searches, based on my memory, is actually found by the search.

The new search is blazing fast! Hard to say if there is a speed difference. It now returns the expected results as fast as it found nothing before. ;-)

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It should be fast because it is constantly storing all the search index in RAM instead of the database. It's a bit like having a SSD vs mechanical drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom