Entering values for multiple people on one form, based on Month (1 Viewer)

CuriousGeo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:59
Hi, I've tried searching for this, but I guess I'm not using the right words when searching.

Background:
I need to enter workload counts for 10 people, and it is done on a monthly basis. So I have a table of Months (Jan-Dec), a table of names, and a joined table with the months, names and a field for the workload counts.

I would like to make a form where I could select the month and all the names show up so I could go and enter the counts for everyone at the same time. I've attached a diagram to show what it would look like. Thanks!

Attachments

• formlayout.jpg
    formlayout.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 101

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What exactly is the issue?
Do you have tables? Please show design.

CuriousGeo

Registered User.
Local time
Yes I have the tables, I will upload a stripped version of the db. Like my first message said, I have a table for Months, a table of names, and a joined table with the months, names, and a field to enter the number for workload. I need to make an entry form for easy data entry which you select the month and everyone's data can be enetered at the same time

Attachments

• Database1.mdb
    448 KB · Views: 67

CuriousGeo

Registered User.
Local time
I found a solution that works. It might not be pretty, but it works for what I wanted to accomplish.

1. I made a query "qryEnterCaseCountsByMonth" with conditions.

2. Made 2 forms, 1st one to make a month selection "frmEnterCaseCountsByMonth". The 2nd form would open (using vb code and the query) based on which month was selected "frmPrimaryCaseCount"

3. Then I pre-populated my table with the Months and Names, leaving the Count field empty, which would be filled with each successive month.

I will upload the Database2 in case any one wants to view it.

Attachments

• Database2.mdb
    620 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom