Error 3349 - Numeric Field Overflow? (1 Viewer)

spacepro

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:52
Hi All,

I have been running a program now for six months and all of a sudden when the data is imported from three excel spreadsheets I receive the error :

Error 3349 - Numeric field overflow on a docmd.transferspreadsheet line of code in vba.

I have narrowed it down to one spreadsheet and checked all the formats and checked the data types and settings but can't work it out, is there a reason why all of a sudden this would happen?

Done a search but the answers don't really help with what I have already done, is there a way I can narrow it down to a field.

Has this happened to anyone else and can someone give me an explanation of this if poss.

More info - the tables are linked fe/be setup. Is this the reason as I have just split the db and since the split this error occurs.

Many Thanks

Andy

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 08:52
You may need to change a number fld from a long integer to a double.

???
kh

spacepro

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:52
Hi Ken,

Thanks!

Funny thing is that the number fields are set to double.
I just thought it might be a problem with access when using linked tables, i thought i read it somewhere.

Andy

davemc1969

Local time
Today, 05:52
Any solutiojn. I am having the same issue though it is inconsistent and same error referencing different linked tables. Very frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom