Error 430: Class does not support Automation or does not support expeccted Interface (1 Viewer)

leahcorp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:34
Good afternoon,

I have a database that I use to screen scrape data from IBM Reflection Terminal to create a weekly report. It has been working great until our company decided to upgrade all the computers from 32-bit to 64-bit. Now, we get "Error 430: Class does not support Automation or does not support expeccted Interface". I have been trying to find a solution online but could not find one that could help me. I have read about some solution by modifying the registry to use 32-bit COM on 64-bit machine. I am not too comfortable to modify the registry and I don't know how to identify COM objects GUID. I would really appreciate if someone has a solution.

Thank you

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:34
How exactly do you screen scrape data from this Terminal?

leahcorp

Registered User.
Local time
It's an Access database that captures and stores in a table using VB Code. I hope this answers your question. Thank you!

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Almost! What I mean is what code are you using to perform the screen scrape?

leahcorp

Registered User.
Local time
This is the code that screen scrapes data from Refelction. It stops at "With Session". We check off "Refelction for IBM 7.0" reference to run this automation. We usually get the same error if it is not checked. I am thinking this reference is good for the 32-bit.

Last edited:

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
TI am thinking this reference is good for the 32-bit.
Probably that, perhaps the Reflection class is calling 32 bit APIs. Or the Session code is using methods not supported in the current Reflection class.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you have changed from 32bit to 64 bit it is possible you need to modify the registry - see this link, different reference, same problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/847412

Alternatively have you consdered late binding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom