Solved Error 53 File not found (1 Viewer)

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:42
Hi guys .. back after a long while to bug you
I have a perfectly run .mdb file for years that do some housekeeping script from a module before it end up in a form. In this particular win10 tablet it flag error 53 ..file not found. I try to debug it but can't find the line causing it.
Guy just want to get a pointer to dig deeper, so question ..What usually can trigger this .. my question maybe looking for a pin in a hay stack but say whatever in your mind TQ

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:42
If you are executing some procedure, temporarily comment out the "On Error..." line and run the procedure. You should get a debug option with the error that should take you to the offending line.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
exactly what the message is telling you, "file is not found".
check the code/script what "external" files are being used and check whether they exist.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:42
want to get a pointer to dig deeper, so question ..What usually can trigger this

Code that can cause this error:

1. OPEN {filename} FOR INPUT AS #n

2. Opening a database as in workspace.OpenDatabase( filespec, ...parameters )

3. Query that contains an IN clause for file location (other than in the current database), as ...FROM table IN file-spec [connect-string]

4. Programmatically following a hyperlink

5. Image control where the image is dynamically or statically loaded as an external file spec

6. Opening an application object to a specific file for that app, such as opening a workbook (Excel) or a document (Word)

7. Import from text or Excel or another Access file

8. Dynamically linking to a back-end table in a separate BE file

9. SHELL out to a batch file ... SHELL( file, windowstyle )

I'm sure there are more, but those are the most likely places where you could be opening a file.

Now... WHY would it cause this error? Since it only occurs for a tablet, if you can find the file it wants, verify that it has the right folder and file, and that you have permissions to read the folder where the file should be found. (If you have no permission to read the folder, you can't find the file.)

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
Thank you friends. I will go back to tinkering following all your advices.

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
i found the missing file, it was really file MISSING at a location i specified but human error of failing to put it there. pbaldy Esq, your comment out "On Error .." is great help, so easy but need my friend to prompt THANK YOU.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:42
i found the missing file, it was really file MISSING at a location i specified but human error of failing to put it there. pbaldy Esq, your comment out "On Error .." is great help, so easy but need my friend to prompt THANK YOU.

Happy to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom