error when trying to open the form stocklist (1 Viewer)

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:37
yesterday someone tried to open the form called stocklist ( button located along the red line ) and this error came up . the form has been open hundreds of times without a problem . after rebooting his computer it was ok again . i am trying to understand why this could happen . any ideas please that could assist in thos not happening again

steve

1691588540887.png

tvanstiphout

Local time
I would encourage you to use best practices. Applying to this situation that would include
1. frequent backups
2. An application split between front-end (FE) on each workstation, and back-end on a file server.
3. A way to quickly replace a corrupt FE on a user's computer.
If this is in place, the message does not cause heartburn, but rather a shrug and you apply step 3.

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
yes , i have all these in action and i have just replaced the FE on everyones computer

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:37
Strange error. Code doesn't just break. Hardware breaks. I have one client who never wanted an update to our software so they have happily been running the exact same FE since April 2009 and at that time, my distribution code was only replacing the FE if it had a new version. My current distribution process gives the users a new copy of the FE each time they open it. The transfer time is insignificant and it pretty much eliminates corruption and bloat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom