Ethical Dilemmas (1 Viewer)

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:35
jsanders said:
that's Ok, been looking for an excuse to beat up on Rich.
I'm sure jbishton is relieved to know that's what the thread was really for. :rolleyes:

jsanders said:
Do you think he’s really that slow?
Huh?

R

Rich

jsanders said:
that's Ok, been looking for an excuse to beat up on Rich.
when are you going to start? :confused:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 15:35
Kraj said:
I'm sure jbishton is relieved to know that's what the thread was really for. :rolleyes:

Huh?

I'm sure she's happy to see her man doing his sporting routine. It’s the only sport I have being 5’4 and 280 lbs.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
It’s the only sport I have being 5’4 and 280 lbs.
I'm sure you'd be perfect for hunting. ;)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Well, I do hope things work out for you.

I can truly understand how you feel. Woman to woman. :)

Hang in there and it will all work out. Just if you ever feel down ect, just look at your two beautiful children and they will brighten your day.

I do know that is the only thing that keeps me going every day.

There is also he abuse I suffer here, but that is another story. :rolleyes:

:D

You both are in my prayers.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I guess I don't understand why this person is still your "best friend" if he sexually harassed your girlfriend of 18 months.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Pat Hartman said:
I guess I don't understand why this person is still your "best friend" if he sexually harassed your girlfriend of 18 months.

That's a good question Pat. But the answer is really complicated.

She has not forgiven him and I won’t forget it. But 18 years of loyalty is hard to overlook. He has been there for me on many occasions when no one else would.

As far as my girlfriend is concerned, she is moving on, and it’s a testimony to her resilience and compassion that she is ok with my staying friends with him.

Part of why I am, is that although I have many friends, dozens actually, he really only has one.

How can I not forgive him?

JBishton

Local time
How can you not forgive him? Are you Kidding me? I think: you Dont forgive and if you Have to Then you deal with him.

Pat, it bugs me. It used to really bug me. But I asked Joe not to say anything to my boss, so if anything, shame on me.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
JBishton said:
How can you not forgive him? Are you Kidding me? I think: you Dont forgive and if you Have to Then you deal with him.

Pat, it bugs me. It used to really bug me. But I asked Joe not to say anything to my boss, so if anything, shame on me.

Well that’s news.

I guess I’m in a pickle. Ok this turns into a new type of advice column.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:35
Hey Mr. Sanders,

I guess since ya'll have opened this, it's ok to ask questions and comment.

Did your friend know that Jen was your girlfriend at the time he did this? If so, then in my opinion, he crossed two lines. One to pinch Jen in the first place and the other would be to disrespect you enough to do what he did, knowing she was your girl. I would have to confront my friend, even if my girlfriend asked me not to, and it would be in such a way as to let him know that he took advantage of our friendship and that's the only reason he's not getting kicked in his back pockets. 18 years is a long time to be friends, but at the same time it shouldn't be something that he uses to get away with something that is just flat wrong. It has put you and Jen both in a pickle. Jen could probably react in a much different way if it wasn't your friend who did it and you probably would too.

I guess for me, if I was in the same situation, would have to look at it as I something that I didn't want to have to address but that I'm not going to just let go away cause he's my friend. I would think (hope) my wife would respect me a lot more for wanting to defend her honor rather than defend my friend.

Hope I wasn't too straight forward, it's just my opinion.
Shane

Last edited:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
In my opinion, whether the guy has a pattern of unacceptable behavior makes a big difference. If this was an isolated incident then... yes, it was totally unacceptable but sometimes people do stupid or bad things but that doesn't make them horrible people. If good people didn't make mistakes, then we'd never need to forgive anyone. Has he ever appologized or tried to rectify the situation in any way?

If this has been a continuing problem, though, then I don't think history is a good enough reason to stand by him. Part of being someone's friend is accepting their faults, but sometimes a friend's faults outweigh their positive contribution to your life.

R

Rich

Don't you have any laws against sexual harassment over there or even common assault ?

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Don't you have any laws against sexual harassment over there or even common assault ?
No, Rich, there are no laws whatsoever in the United States against sexual harassment or assault. :rolleyes:

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:35
Kraj said:
...whether the guy has a pattern of unacceptable behavior makes a big difference. If this was an isolated incident then... yes, it was totally unacceptable but sometimes people do stupid or bad things but that doesn't make them horrible people...Has he ever appologized or tried to rectify the situation in any way?
my question, too.

Kraj said:
If this has been a continuing problem, though, then I don't think history is a good enough reason to stand by him. Part of being someone's friend is accepting their faults, but sometimes a friend's faults outweigh their positive contribution to your life.
...and this should be seriously considered, not necessarily acted upon, but seriously considered.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Kraj said:
No, Rich, there are no laws whatsoever in the United States against sexual harassment or assault. :rolleyes:
Well that explains many things:rolleyes:

Col

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
There are many laws, however unless you want to be jobless you tend not to tell on people. That is the sad part, it still goes on everywhere. They urge people to report it, but if you do you lose your job and have a hard time finding another. *sighs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom