Excluding Zero value records from report (1 Viewer)

tristo

Local time
Today, 00:13
Hi All,

Hope someone can help with this query. I have a report that i need to alter to exclude 0 values however its not just a case of changing the format property(i think) as i want the whole line excluded not just the 0 value surpressed.

the report works off a query and the control source for the text box in question reads =Sum([Balance])
this value returns with a 0 on occassion and i would like to exclude this line when this happens.

I have attached a picture that may explain the issue a bit better

Thanks for having a look
and any help is appreciated
Tristo

Attachments

• prob.PNG
    prob.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 295

olxx

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:13
Write a criteria to your query so the query won´t give you zero values.

tristo

Local time
Write a criteria to your query so the query won´t give you zero values.

Hi Olxx,

Thanks for the reply but the problem seems to be with the report summing rather than the query as there is already a criteria in the query excluding zeros.
the zeros only come about as there is a Sum in the report. i.e i may have 2 records grouped one with +1000 value and the other with -1000 value these sum to zero only at the report stage.

Thanks
Tristo

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Create an additional query that sums the balance in the earlier query grouped by PK and add a conditon <> 0 to the summed column. Then add this query to the first query and join on PK. This should only present you with accounts either a positive or negative balance.

As a matter of interest if you are sending out statements based off this query you may want to consider filtering it to balances over a certain minimum value. As customers take umbridge at being sent a statement for 50p. Also it may cost you more than 50p to send the statement.

David

olxx

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:13
OK. I´m pretty sure you can´t do it on report or maybe only with some tricky VBA code. Can´t you do the summing with query? Can you post your db here, maybe if i take a look at it i got some idea.

tristo

Local time
Hi David / Olxx

thanks for the replies , i will try the additional query route although i tried something similar without luck but i think i may have left something out. The report is only for internal use but every cent has to be accounted for , the zeros are more so an anoyance than a major issue but one thats been raised all the same. wont be able to post the db unfortunately. will let you know how i get on
Thanks

Tristo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom