Export email data nested in table to access table (1 Viewer)

BoleMK

Local time
Today, 11:30
Hi guys,
A website application form is sending my colleague an email containing data nested in table (received in Outlook). We need to add this data to a table in Access database that is saved on a server and is password protected. Data contains fields as Name, Surname, Date of birth, Email address, etc.
What is the best way (procedure or code) to transfer this data to the database. The solution should be simple and friendly for an average office user.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Bole

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:30
I get data via email from several suppliers. There may be better ways, but I create an automated process that will search the inbox looking for the appropriate emails (typically based on the subject line). I started with the "Saving an Email Attachment" code here:

http://www.thatlldoit.com/Pages/howtosarticles.aspx

The code to import can vary widely based on the actual email contents, and frankly can be pretty easy or really complex. Depending on the circumstances, I might fire off a db with the process from an Outlook rule or from Windows Scheduled Tasks. I lean towards the latter, as I seem to have occasional problems with emails that meet the Outlook rules not setting off the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom