Solved Export to Excel as per the Form Filtered Data (1 Viewer)

ahmad_rmh

Local time
Today, 06:24
I want to export data to excel as per the form view filtered data but it is exporting all data available in the query. On the other hand, I want to export in the same workbook with new worksheets. The screenshots are attached herewith.

Kindly suggest.

Attachments

• form.PNG
    form.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 78
  • query.PNG
    query.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 84
  • excel_exported data.PNG
    excel_exported data.PNG
    35.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

ahmad_rmh

Local time
Yes, that shouldn't be a problem. Give it a shot and show us what you've tried.

I have made export through the following code.
Code:
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryListExtended", acFormatXLSX, , True

It exports the query data to excel but I want to export data as per the form filtered data.

I have also applied expression in query as : [ Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity]
But it is not giving me the output what i have required.

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:24
I have made export through the following code.
Code:
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryListExtended", acFormatXLSX, , True

It exports the query data to excel but I want to export data as per the form filtered data.

I have also applied expression in query as : [ Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity]
But it is not giving me the output what i have required.
Did you try using the CopyFromRecordset method?

ahmad_rmh

Local time
I have solved but I want it in simplest way. Is it any simplest way then let me know.

I have applied criteria in query as per the combo box selection in the form. The combo box has been made as a value list. The code is as under
Code:
SELECT TranTypePK, TranType, ItemsListName, PackingSize, Sum(Stock_In_Out) AS SumOfStock_In_Out, EntityDetail
FROM qryTransactionsExtended
WHERE (((TranDate) Between DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,1) And DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0)))
GROUP BY TranTypePK, TranType, ItemsListName, PackingSize, EntityDetail, EntityName
HAVING ((([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=0))
OR (((TranTypePK)<=2) AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=1))
OR (((TranTypePK)>=3 And (TranTypePK)<=5) AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=2))
OR (((TranTypePK)=6) AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=3))
OR (((EntityName)="Ameer Sultan Branch WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=4))
OR (((EntityName)="Palestine Branch WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=5))
OR (((EntityName)="Makkah Branch WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=6))
OR (((EntityName)="Obhur Branch WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=7))
OR (((EntityName)="Corniche Branch WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=8))
OR (((EntityName)="Kani & Mani - Ameer Sultan WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=9))
OR (((EntityName)="Kani & Mani - Obhur WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=10))
OR (((EntityName)="Fried Onion Production WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=11))
OR (((EntityName)="Sweets Production WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=12))
OR (((EntityName)="Head Office") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=13))
OR (((EntityName)="Main Warehouse (Usage)") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=14))
OR (((EntityName)="Transfer to Egypt Branch") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=15))
OR (((EntityName)="Expired Inventory WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=16));

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I have solved but I want it in simplest way. Is it any simplest way then let me know.

I have applied criteria in query as per the combo box selection in the form. The combo box has been made as a value list. The code is as under
Code:
SELECT TranTypePK, TranType, ItemsListName, PackingSize, Sum(Stock_In_Out) AS SumOfStock_In_Out, EntityDetail
FROM qryTransactionsExtended
WHERE (((TranDate) Between DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,1) And DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0)))
GROUP BY TranTypePK, TranType, ItemsListName, PackingSize, EntityDetail, EntityName
HAVING ((([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=0))
OR (((TranTypePK)<=2) AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=1))
OR (((TranTypePK)>=3 And (TranTypePK)<=5) AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=2))
OR (((TranTypePK)=6) AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=3))
OR (((EntityName)="Ameer Sultan Branch WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=4))
OR (((EntityName)="Palestine Branch WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=5))
OR (((EntityName)="Makkah Branch WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=6))
OR (((EntityName)="Obhur Branch WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=7))
OR (((EntityName)="Corniche Branch WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=8))
OR (((EntityName)="Kani & Mani - Ameer Sultan WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=9))
OR (((EntityName)="Kani & Mani - Obhur WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=10))
OR (((EntityName)="Fried Onion Production WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=11))
OR (((EntityName)="Sweets Production WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=12))
OR (((EntityName)="Head Office") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=13))
OR (((EntityName)="Main Warehouse (Usage)") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=14))
OR (((EntityName)="Transfer to Egypt Branch") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=15))
OR (((EntityName)="Expired Inventory WH") AND (([Forms]![frmListExtended]![CboEntity])=16));
Hi. Glad to hear you got it to work. Not sure if it's simpler, but I would just use the CopyFromRecordset method, if I have to do it.

ahmad_rmh

Local time
Hi. Glad to hear you got it to work. Not sure if it's simpler, but I would just use the CopyFromRecordset method, if I have to do it.

Thanks @theDBguy , As I am beginner and learner so I don't have any idea how to work through recordset. Anyhow, I am studying how to work through recordset as i will understand how to perform tasks through recordset then i will try again through recordset.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks @theDBguy , As I am beginner and learner so I don't have any idea how to work through recordset. Anyhow, I am studying how to work through recordset as i will understand how to perform tasks through recordset then i will try again through recordset.
Of course, you'll have to walk before you can run. I was the same when I first started out using VBA. Good luck with your journey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom