Export to PDF Hanging (1 Viewer)

123dstreet

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:25
Hello,
I am seeing a very bizarre problem with exporting a report to PDF. When clicking to save the report as PDF, it is hanging up for about 5-10 minutes before completing, it usually only takes 3-5 seconds. This is only happening on one report in my database, other reports export as PDF no problem. This is happening on multiple computers. I have even tried manually exporting it to PDF to a different folder, same problem. I have tried compact/repair both front and back ends of the database.

This worked no problem last week, nothing has changed on our PCs either (one is Windows 7, the other is Windows 10).

Does anybody have any suggestions? I have even tested a revision of the database from 2 years ago and it is now failing the same way. It seems to be system related but unique only to this one report.

Dan

123dstreet

Registered User.
Local time
I have solved my problem, just thought I'd share:
I downloaded the Windows Process Monitor tool to see what was happening in the 5-10 minute hang time. Turns out one of the text boxes in my report was linked to a mapped network drive that we no longer use and it got turned off over the weekend so the link was effectively broken.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Usually when someone says nothing was changed, something actually did. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom