Exporting tables to SQL server using VBA (1 Viewer)

Schof

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:51
I am attaching two versions of an Access utility I created years ago to load Access data into SQL tables - it has the code needed to turn on and off the Identity Insert.

Cheers,
Very useful. You wouldn't happen to have a 64-bit version that works with "accdb" files?

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 01:51
Very useful. You wouldn't happen to have a 64-bit version that works with "accdb" files?
It's not hard to update VBA to work with both 32 bit and 64 bit Access. There are multiple sites and YouTube videos explaining how to do that in your own code.

And by the way "accdb" files are not specifically 32 bit or 64 bit. The version of Access which is used to run the accdb is where the 32 bit/64 bit version difference exists.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:51
a great reference to make APIs run in either 32 or 64 using VBA7 (Access 2010+) is by Peter Cole @petertheme . He's given a couple presentations and kindly shares information.

AL: Updating API calls in VBA to work with 64 Bit, How To + API Viewer using Access - Peter Cole (45:41), Jan 2022

AEU: 32 to 64-bit Conversion by Peter Cole (1:11:25), Aug 2022

If you have a database with LOTS of APIs (such as one I currently have with 64 of them!), it's good to get his commercial tool to make changes automatically and save lots of time, although some manual changes may still be required. His API Scanner is free and if you don't have many APIs to change, this is a good way to go

https://thememydatabase.co.uk/

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 01:51
a great reference to make APIs run in either 32 or 64 using VBA7 (Access 2010+) is by Peter Cole @petertheme . He's given a couple presentations and kindly shares information.

AL: Updating API calls in VBA to work with 64 Bit, How To + API Viewer using Access - Peter Cole (45:41), Jan 2022

AEU: 32 to 64-bit Conversion by Peter Cole (1:11:25), Aug 2022

If you have a database with LOTS of APIs (such as one I currently have with 64 of them!), it's good to get his commercial tool to make changes automatically and save lots of time, although some manual changes may still be required. His API Scanner is free and if you don't have many APIs to change, this is a good way to go

https://thememydatabase.co.uk/
I'm lazy. Crystal is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom