Question extra quotes in fieldname (1 Viewer)

jerry28ph

jerry
Local time
Yesterday, 19:54
i have a problem in importing ".csv" files into my existing table in access. There's no problem in my script, i can ran my script w/o problems, but when it comes to importing, i need to open the csv file in Excel then save it as .csv file type, if not, all fields names will have double quotes
(such as "CallDuration", "PartyName'"). The importing part will continue but some of the field name will be empty once you open the table. Is there any ways how to auto open and save the csv files in excel?
Please need your help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Je

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yesterday, 21:54
i have a problem in importing ".csv" files into my existing table in access. There's no problem in my script, i can ran my script w/o problems, but when it comes to importing, i need to open the csv file in Excel then save it as .csv file type, if not, all fields names will have double quotes
(such as "CallDuration", "PartyName'"). The importing part will continue but some of the field name will be empty once you open the table. Is there any ways how to auto open and save the csv files in excel?
Please need your help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Je

but some of the field name will be empty once you open the table
:confused: The field names are blank? Or do you mena the data in the field?

jerry28ph

jerry
Local time
i mean the data in the field, sorry for my first posting, all field have data except my field in date which the value has date/time
like "1/12/2009 7:41:00 AM". This is the only field in my table which is empty. My solution on this is to open the csv file in excel then save it again, then when I run my script in importing, it will be ok. But I need to import the csv without opening the csv in excel, otherwise i will ask if there's a way how to open and save the csv file in excel automatically before importing?
I know sounds weird for me, but maybe you could help me on this.

Thanks,
Jerry

:confused: The field names are blank? Or do you mena the data in the field?

webluxor.com

Local time
i totally agree with you!

Webluxor.com web luxor (860)-865-0246

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 03:54
Why not link the xls file and do an append query

jerry28ph

jerry
Local time
hi dCrake:

Ok but how can I do that, i mean how can link xls? what is the procedure, do you have a sample script how to write it? Please need your help. I am really newbie with Access.

Please. Thanks.

Why not link the xls file and do an append query

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom