Facebook Notification (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 14:31
I keep getting on right side of my lap top notifications of somebody just posted something on Facebook. I don't do Facebook. I never open them anymore. When I used to it was a waste of time. I am not interested in who ate at McDonald yesterday. The only reason I have an account is than every once in a while somebody will text me and they are absolutely sure I will not life another day, unless I look at their post.

Where to I go too fix that. Facebook or my browser? I did not find anything in Facebook or my browser.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, I just found out I can no longer get into my account. As they want do want to do verification thru my email address which got hacked. Most other sites also use text but they don’t.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Gotta love it. I am considering deleting my account yet keeping my Messenger which is the main reason I have it. I just recently found out you can have one without the other!

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Gotta love it. I am considering deleting my account yet keeping my Messenger which is the main reason I have it. I just recently found out you can have one without the other!
I too do not want to loose messenger, but I am confused (as always) what does Facebook and messenger have to do with either other. I thought messenger was own by google, or does google also own Facebook

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Don't get me to lyin'! All I do know is that you can actually delete your FB account and one of the options is to keep FB messenger.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I guess I need to find out if messenger is part of Facebook before I delete anything. Although I realize I probable don't want to delete Facebook to keep a few associates happy. As of now I guess I will just have to put up with those annoying sliders.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I guess this straightens me out: I always thought Messenger was part of my phone network.

Messenger is a proprietary instant messaging app and platform developed by Meta Platforms. Originally developed as Facebook Chat in 2008, the company revamped its messaging service in 2010, released standalone iOS and Android apps in 2011, and released standalone Facebook Portal hardware for Messenger calling in 2018. Wikipedia

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Do you have your phone synced to your computer? My android has a program "Phone Link" It connects to my computer when nearby and any notifications on my phone slide in from the bottom right side of my computer screen.

Is that what you have? If so turn off FB notifications on your phone.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Do you have your phone synced to your computer? My android has a program "Phone Link" It connects to my computer when nearby and any notifications on my phone slide in from the bottom right side of my computer screen.

Is that what you have? If so turn off FB notifications on your phone.
Thanks for answering, yes, that is exactly what I have. android 2 inches from my lap top.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I just want to delete my Facebook account but no matter what course I take this is what I get.

I can't try another device​

If you can no longer access your login email or phone number, and you don't have access to a device you've used to log into this account before, it's not safe for us to give you another way to log in.
We understand that this might not help you get back on Facebook, but we have to take this action to stop anyone who doesn't own this account from getting into it.
Does anybody have a number i can call.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Just pulled a back flip. Solved. In case anybody else is "Facebook Impaired" I was able to get into my account purely by chance. I have been trying to get into my account by logging in. I could not verify via my email because it was frozen, and they were not giving me an option to text. I accidently clicked on my picture on a incoming notification. It opened up my account and I was able to change to my new email. Then discovered the reason for no text verification, and why it would not recognize my phone number. There was not a phone number in my account. When I set up long time ago, I wasn't able to text. Thanks to all that tried to help. My usual offer come to Ocala FL and I will treat you to best Chinese buffet for miles around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom