filter form (1 Viewer)

hfsitumo2001

Local time
Today, 01:45
Hello, I want to now showing menu of ms Access to users, but how can we make a filter that work like a filter in the ribbon. Anyone has sample?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Why can't you just use the Ribbon? Plenty of examples available, depending on what you need.

hfsitumo2001

Local time
Why can't you just use the Ribbon? Plenty of examples available, depending on what you need.
Coz I plan to not showing the full menu on the front end

hfsitumo2001

Local time
Okay, not even a custom Ribbon?
see in my attached form, I or user can put any comment to the record, then we can filter for the same comment, say "frequently used", I can filter using filter menu on the ms access ribbon, for all records with frequently used. But since I will not show full menu to users on the front end that I will distribute to them. How can I make a filter that can reach that purpose.

Thank you
filtersomething.jpg

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
What do you mean custom ribbon. What I see is just the ribbon on the upper menu of MS access
You can create your own Ribbon, so you can control what the user can do.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 04:45
How can I make a filter that can reach that purpose.
See posted example.

MajP

Local time

MajP

Local time
So the question was
but how can we make a filter that work like a filter in the ribbon. Anyone has sample?
So the example is how to filter like the ribbon. In my example I used the FilterMenu but you want a Docmd.RunCmd FilterBySelection. I do not think I would ever build an interface like that because filtering a form by selection in single form view makes little sense to me. I would probably have other filter interfaces. However, this demonstrates what you asked if you can do a filterbyselection like the menu.

I reused the same data set and not very good for demonstrating. Filter on supplier name since that repeats.

Attachments

• SingleFormMenuFilter.accdb
    592 KB · Views: 108

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom