Filtering data from another table (1 Viewer)

Waka0212

Local time
Today, 03:51
Hello all. I'm trying to filter data between two tables. I've created a table that has a date field that is used as a reference, so I don't have to put the same date in everyone's record in my second table. My sexond table has personnel data. I'm trying to create a query that will filter out the personnel that do not meet the date in the first table. For example if I set a date in table one of 01 Jan 2021 and the date in table 2 is 01 Feb 2021, it will not return that persons name from table 2. Thanks for the help.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 02:51
The best way to communicate data issues is with data. Please provide 2 sets:

A. Starting data from your tables. Include table and field names and enough data to cover all cases.

B. Expected results of A. Show us what data you expect to end up with when you feed in the data from A.

Again, 2 sets of data--before and after.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Table design sounds strange, but if you join the two tables by date in a query it should work.

Waka0212

Local time
Ok. Table1 or TIR Calculator has a date field in it, MIN TIR Date. That date will house what ever date I want to be the minimum required. Table 2 or Personnel Data has has field labeled TIR Date. This date is specific to each person. The goal is to be able to insert a date into table 1 or TIR Calculator and then have a query setup that will only show personnel from Table 2 or Personnel Data that meet the minimum date requirement as a greater than or equal to expression. I attached a picture of what I tried, but the expression doesn't work. 20210311_094508.jpg

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
It converted your date to a string "E-6 ..." you need to use square brackets when referencing a field [E-6...]. If not it assumes it is a string

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom