Filtering displayed data on subform (1 Viewer)

waxdart23

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:54
I have a database used to store staff sickness. It currently consists of a "Staff" table to store staff details (name, number, salary etc) and a "Sickness" table to store sickness records.

I have produced a form to displaying staff's name from "Staff" table and then a sub form containing existing sickness records from the "Sickness" table.

The idea for this form is to be used to add new sickness records and also to display existing sickness records. To do this I would like to add a filter to the form where the user can add start and end dates and display only records between a chosen dates.

I have attached a screen dump of the form and added the fields and buttons although there is no functionality behind them. I have never tried to do this before and don't know where to start. Any ideas?

Attachments

• sickdb.jpg
    sickdb.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 130

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Hi

Not sure really why you would want to have the user type in a date range. Why not show all the current financial year's sickness for that person in a subform? You can link the person table to the sickness table with an IDNo.

Col
:cool:

waxdart23

Registered User.
Local time
This is functionality requested by the eventual user and I'm don't like to dissapoint!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom