Football and other games (1 Viewer)

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:41
Woah is Brian starting to sound a bit like Col? :p JK

Anyway I have been watching a lot of football (read soccer her in the States) lately and am kinda glad we have the Fox Soccer Channel now. am actually getting into it too bad I can never get home from work in time to see any of the good games live. did catch Bristol City and Middlesborough? last night but it was tape delayed. have also been watching the Italian league and some of the Argentina league GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 01:41
Woah is Brian starting to sound a bit like Col? :p JK

I am much more gentle than Col and Rich, but in their abscence somebody has to add a little spice to the thread and keep those young ex colonials in their place.:D

Dan what's this mean
The dollar is never too far away
You trying to tell me that all that matters is the dollar, that it is the be all and end all of an American's existence. :eek: ;)

Brian

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:41
Dan what's this mean
I thought he was referring to that o-so-subtle message from the sponsor so inconspicuously placed upon the player's jersey:eek:

:D

And do I have to re-state the actual number of times that the football is actually kicked in American football?

doco

Power User
Local time
Yesterday, 17:41
You trying to tell me that all that matters is the dollar

I guarentee you they would not be doing it if there wasn't a dollar, pound, euro, etc. behind it. What does amaze me is they are willing to risk limb and health for that pecuniary gain only to see the government suck up the lion's share.

BTW, no 'ex colonial' here. I have no sovereign in this world!

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
And do I have to re-state the actual number of times that the football is actually kicked in American football?

No, As I wrote my post to have a go at Doco for attacking proper football I hoped that you wouldn't spot it and point to that thread:( ,
"but please sir he started it"

Brian

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I thought he was referring to that o-so-subtle message from the sponsor so inconspicuously placed upon the player's jersey:eek:

and they say advertising works, not in every case it seems :rolleyes: :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
and they say advertising works, not in every case it seems :rolleyes: :D

I can resist "poisons" like pepsi, coke etc, if I want a drink there is water, coffee , wine, whisky who needs anythink else.

Brian

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I can resist "poisons" like pepsi, coke etc, if I want a drink there is water, coffee , wine, whisky who needs anythink else.

Brian

You're right of course, and I bet it is one of the biggest factors for that article in the political forum regarding children's poor quality of life in both the US and the UK.

doco

Power User
Local time
Well, lets be clear that I was not making an attack on "proper football" only a little good natured ribbing of my wife's English cousins , I'm perhaps a bit ashamed to say, of French lineage.

So, we're supposed to - ge i'on - ;)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Well, lets be clear that I was not making an attack on "proper football" only a little good natured ribbing of my wife's English cousins , I'm perhaps a bit ashamed to say, of French lineage.

So, we're supposed to - ge i'on - ;)

The whole thread was a bit of light banter and I'm not sure why you should be ashamed of French lineage, they make decent wine and cheese, and I'm partial to a bit of good Cognac, plus they were b***** right on Iraq.

I didn't understand the last line!! :confused:

Brian

doco

Power User
Local time
I didn't understand the last line!!

It was my botched attempt at writting Cockney: We're supposed to get it on. I won't even get started about the Iraq thing... Only to say beyond wine, cheese and or Cognac, the French have absolutely nothing to offer to the world - particularly when it comes to resolve! Enough said.:mad:

R

Rich

It was my botched attempt at writting Cockney: We're supposed to get it on. I won't even get started about the Iraq thing... Only to say beyond wine, cheese and or Cognac, the French have absolutely nothing to offer to the world - particularly when it comes to resolve! Enough said.:mad:

But the French were spot on over Iraq:eek: and Bush and Bliar's lies:mad:

doco

Power User
Local time
Of course highly debateble and as it is and shall remain to be. Only thing I know is I don't know enough REAL information to know. The media are the true liars in any case.

Additionally, the Brits and Yanks have spilt precious blood, right or wrong. The thing that really galls me is we pretend we can have war with rules! And that is bl***y b*** s***!

Truly enough said. I will no longer continue discussion of a subject for which I have scant little QUALITY information to digest. I would say in parting however, that I believe your Tony Blair is far more trustworthy than our George W! Just a personal opinion... I have played enough poker in my life to know body language when I see it and Georgy is hiding something as ALL bl***y lawyer/barrister/politicians do! :mad:

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:41
Of course highly debateble and as it is and shall remain to be. Only thing I know is I don't know enough REAL information to know. The media are the true liars in any case.

Additionally, the Brits and Yanks have spilt precious blood, right or wrong. The thing that really galls me is we pretend we can have war with rules! And that is bl***y b*** s***!

Truly enough said. I will no longer continue discussion of a subject for which I have scant little QUALITY information to digest. I would say in parting however, that I believe your Tony Blair is far more trustworthy than our George W! Just a personal opinion... I have played enough poker in my life to know body language when I see it and Georgy is hiding something as ALL bl***y lawyer/barrister/politicians do! :mad:

ummm isnt this the sports and leisure area of the board? shouldnt the political posts be moved to the politics board?

thank you

carlnewboult

Registered User.
Local time
no the game of football which does not involve a round ball is a girls version of rugby

doco

Power User
Local time
I wouldn't trust him, he's a politician, and a stupid one at that

Didn't say he was altogether trustworthy. Just that he was moreso than George W. :rolleyes: I don't believe it is the politician necessarily, it is the attorney (barrister) at the core. All attorneys are a clear and present danger to society at large - any society.

"In the new world order, you first eliminate all attorneys" author forgotten ;) If a legal system is so complex that any reasonably intelligent individual within that system cannot defend themselves as a result of that complexity. Then it is a society doomed to failure due to corruption and manipulation. Certainly this is what we see in the USA. A good example is the 60,000 pages of tax code - what an embarrassment that is.

johnquick

Local time
They've had a goog start

There practically in the final of the champions league

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom