Forgot Nearly Everything (1 Viewer)

Aboo

Local time
Tomorrow, 08:59
It is amazing what age does to you. At one stage I built full MS Access system for a large company which dealt with program management. After being retired and after a lapse of 5 years, when I needed to build a small system to deal with vehicle imports, I was completely blank. Occasionally some flashes of knowledge. But good thing is that I managed to build one but it lacks bells and whistles.

I need to create an initial splash screen and need the switchboard to be right size (currently it is covering the whole screen). Other than that I will need to brush up on bits and pieces.

Will appreciate some guidance.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:59
1. For info on building a splash form, see

2. If all your forms are maximized, you are probably using tabbed documents display. Either make your switchboard a popup form or change to overlapping windows display in Access options

Aboo

Local time
Tomorrow, 08:59
Many thanks. As a supplementary question is there an option to keep saving a back up of the database. I vaguely remember there was one.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:59
You can easily find code to make a backup copy of the FE within Access using a forum or online search.
To automate it, run the code each time you close (or open) the database.
The BE file can be copied when not in use.

Alternatively, run similar code outside Access e.g. as a VB script and run using a scheduled task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom